PDA

View Full Version : EFT & NAC - ATPL writtens

genius747
7th Feb 2005, 17:39
Hello,

I am going to complete a full course to a fATPL come summer time. I already hold a JAR PPL and NQ, with aprox. 150hrs TT.

Am I correct in saying that EFT in Florida do not offer a full time ATPL theory course? I cant seem to find any information on it from their website.

Also, I was initially thinking of doing the ATPL writtens at NAC, then following that directly into JAR CPL, JAR ME training at NAC, to be then hopefully issued with a JAR CPL & ME class rating.

Then comes the tricky part for me... someone that wants a JAR MEIR!

To do this training at NAC, what exactly do I have to do? If someone that knows exactly could spell it out to me I would really appreciate it, because I am told I need to get an FAA PPL, then an FAA IR, but is that ME or SE?

Then a conversion course in the UK.... Just a bit confused as to the exact details of this method of optaining a JAR MEIR.

Finally, if anybody has experience of EFTs MEIR half US and half UK training programme I would appreciate any info on it, because it seems reasonably priced, but I'm unsure of the pros and cons of that option over the NAC option, so any help or advice on this matter will be much apprectated.

Thank you.

G747

prunster
7th Feb 2005, 23:41
So little time and so many questions, questions that by contacting the schools direct you could find the best and fullest answers...

The alternate is to do a 'search', in the last few months this forum has been used as a virtual advertisement for both of these schools so you'll find plenty of info that way too

Best of luck and see you at Bristol!!

genius747
8th Feb 2005, 13:06
Thanks Prunster for your most insightful input, I have been in contact with the schools in question, and I know how the search facility on PPRUNE works!

If anybody else could help me out with this one, I'm STILL a bit confused.

Thanks all.

Farrell
8th Feb 2005, 13:46
I love the way the guys who have just registered seem to have all the advice! :E

taxitoalpha
8th Feb 2005, 14:22
G747

I had the same query with them. From the info I received, you do the ATPL part distance learning, either while in the US or from home. There is no full time groundschool but people available for questions. You then do part of your IR there, but need to complete your training in the UK (with a 15 hour conversion). They have a training partner in Ireland but you have alternatives (as they only quote for this part in their figures but do not charge you).

Hope this is what you were after

Rich

prunster
8th Feb 2005, 17:08
Farrell,

Just because someone registered recently on the mighty PPrune doesn't mean they are new to aviaition. That assumption shows your inexperience. I've been flying commercially for over 27 years

Prunster

Farrell
8th Feb 2005, 18:22
I bow humbly before you prunster.....having just stood corrected!
:p

prunster
8th Feb 2005, 20:50
Farrell, up you get lad and relax...

"Genius747" so you've contacted EFT and are still uncertain as to whether or not they offer a full time ATPL groundschool. How did you pose the question that has lead to this uncertainty? Why not call them back?

Your humble servant

Prunster

PS Will be in N.Y. next week, I can pop down to Florida and ask in person if you still aren't finding satisfaction all by yourself...

BigGrecian
8th Feb 2005, 21:16
I've got to clear this up for you lot.

Go to flyeft.com (http://www.flyeft.com/app/financial_app.html)

No payment will be required by the student to EFT. Payment for Theoretical ATPL courses shall be paid directly to the training provider by the student. EFT only provides flight training.

Therefore, you will select your ATPL grnd school provider - Bristol GS/London Met whoever you like.

EFT do not offer full time ground school.

AndyDRHuddleston
8th Feb 2005, 22:06
I'm at NAC doing the ATPL's at the moment,so just to quick note to clarify that they also do a residential course (which I am half way through at the moment!

As for the JAA Instrument Rating, this cannot be fully completed in the US, so your options there, would be to do the FAA IR and then 15hr min conversion back home, or to just do the full thing back in the UK.....your call!

Hope this helps.

Andy