PDA

View Full Version : Rotary - The song.

InTgreen
6th Feb 2005, 14:14
Guys and Gals,

Just a quick plea for a little help. Currently posted somewhere when the name of the game is to annoy F3 mates. Could you please forward ANY (not only the official!!) verses of the cracking old drinking song, Rotary, that you may know- or indeed make up on the spot!

Cheers

artyhug
6th Feb 2005, 14:30
Who needs a song,

Just steal their carpet.........

:ok:

Sorry boys....

oldbeefer
6th Feb 2005, 15:49
Only remember the first verse:

'when I was just a little boy
I asked my mother, what should I be
Should I fly Harriers
Should I w**k cats,
It's all the same to me
Rotary ,tary - the Puma's the girl for me
She flies so gracefully
Rotary, tary

Someone must still have the SH sonbook?!

EESDL
6th Feb 2005, 16:11
in the interest of promoting anti-FJ banter I shall ignore the outrageous attempt at trying to steal some SH credibility by substituting the french, plastic, word 'Puma' in the Rotary song.

Group 2 pilots, designer labels they have all got.
But you ask the girlies what they prefer
and a big chopper beats the lot....

Fast-jet pilots, they sound so punchy on the RT
but when they bang out, 40 miles out
they call for rotary.........

etc etc
a search will complete the edition of SH songbook
try the ROTORHEADS thread

ShyTorque
6th Feb 2005, 16:26
"I shall ignore the outrageous attempt at trying to steal some SH credibility by substituting the french, plastic, word 'Puma' in the Rotary song."

Someone fail the course then? (Probably on groundschool) :p

InTgreen
6th Feb 2005, 18:10
Cheers for the response guys... but there has to be more! Some of these old 'traditional' songs do seem to be dying out... so if anyone can think of more...... post away!

JTIDS
6th Feb 2005, 18:32
InTGreen

check your PMs

Monty77
8th Feb 2005, 10:45
"Where's the Puma gone?" was always a favourite (Monaghan, actually). Also, sending a Puma 40 miles out when it hasn't got a winch was always a truimph of looks over practicality. But gents, let us keep these little differences for when the FJ mates aren't looking.

I watched a 3000+hr harrier test pilot mounting the jet prior to his display flight. turning to Angry Crewman, I observed: "Just look at that. All that experience and he still needs help strapping in."

Boom boom.