PDA

View Full Version : FI Ratng near Southampton?

Rich Tea
6th Feb 2005, 07:46
Hey There,

Was interested in doing an FI rating in the South, perhaps up to 30-45 minutes drive away from Southampton. Would appreciate any recommendations & thoughts on the prospects of work after finishing one.

Have been looking at BCFT so far.

Thanks in advance.

Rich Tea

spitfire747
6th Feb 2005, 09:23
Hey Rich Tea

I did my FI course at Goodwood at Chichester, it was exceptionally good and connot recommend it enough.

also currently doing my ME-IR at Carill Aviation at Southampton airport and there FI course is rumoured to be excellent too. The examiner who did my FI test at Goodwood is the course tutor at Southampton

Good luck it is good fun
Spitty

NotamCheck
7th Feb 2005, 07:35
I did my FIC at Carill Aviation in Southampton and the training was excellent. I got work as an instructor with them right after the course finished. They will be moving to Lee airfield near Gosport from March which is about 15-20 minutes drive from Southampton airport.

Stretchwell
7th Feb 2005, 07:51
Try Old Sarum. A friend recently did his there.

greeners
7th Feb 2005, 09:08
Agree that most of the guys at Carril are pretty good, and their FI course has a great reputation.

I did mine with Rod Jarvis at Goodwood and cannot praise him highly enough. The guy is an excellent teacher and you definitely come away as well equipped as an FI(R) can be!

Good luck!

hugh flung_dung
8th Feb 2005, 13:22
Another recommendation for David Scouller at Old Sarum (I believe he's still head of the panel).