PDA

View Full Version : Bonanza rating near Melbourne?

skytops
5th Feb 2005, 20:54
Does anyone know where there's a Beechcraft Bonanza available for type-rating training near Melbourne?

Would be much appreciated.

916senna
5th Feb 2005, 21:35
Lillydale have several I think?
:ok:

skytops
5th Feb 2005, 23:37
Thanks 916 - yeah, that was name someone mentioned to me. I'm searching for them on the net now but can'd find anything. I'm not actually in the Melbourne area myself. Don't suppose anyone has a contact number or something for a flight school at Lillydale?
Thanks.

Bevan666
6th Feb 2005, 00:13
Try this link.....
Lilydale Airport (http://www.lilydaleairport.com.au/)

Bevan..

Di_Vosh
6th Feb 2005, 01:05
Peter Binis at Moorabbin has a Bonanza.

:cool:

DIVOSH!

Chimbu chuckles
6th Feb 2005, 01:32
What's a Bonanza type rating?

I own one...not in Victoria..I bought it, had a read of the POH, got in and flew it...never got 'type rated'.

Henry The Octopus
6th Feb 2005, 09:57
Hi Chimbu,

I haven't heard of a Bonanza type rating either, however it does appear a check on type is required according to CAO 40.1.0 para 4.4 (see below) which in reality makes sense:

CAO 40.1.0 paragraph 4.4 - The holder of a class endorsement must not fly as pilot in command or co-pilot of any aeroplane included in the class unless he or she:

(a) is familiar with the systems, the normal and emergency flight manoeuvres and aircraft performance, the flight planning procedures, the weight and balance requirements and the practical application of take-off and landing charts of the aeroplane to be flown; and
(b) has sufficient recent experience or training in the aeroplane type, or in a comparable type, to safely complete the proposed flight;…

Skytops,

As Chimbu suggests, it is a good idea to thoroughly familiarise yourself with the POH/Flight Manual. Also be aware of the gear/flap selector positions for this aircraft because the term "flap identified" is far more important than in most other aircraft (Creampuff will be able to verify this for you). The Bonanza is my personal favourite S/E aircraft - good luck with your checkout.

Regards.

Henry

skytops
7th Feb 2005, 03:49
Thanks Henry. I'll most definitely take that onboard.

Yeah - having never flown a Bonanza before, but with the opportunity to do so, I've been told do go and do an hour or two with an instructor in one. The owner of the one I've got an opportunity to fly doesn't have an instructors rating and currently doesn't even have the dual (second) control column fitted, and he'd rather not put it back in if he doesn't have to.

Cheers.