PDA

View Full Version : EFT accomodation

daniel78
5th Feb 2005, 11:26
IŽm going to EFT at the end of this month.
I heard that accomodation could be a problem.
The closest thing they have is this Road Runner Travel Resort,
and altough I have the european-canadian version of a mullet,hockeyhair, I do not have the cap to support it.
So to avoid having my "trailer" getting knocked over by some good olŽboys I must seek accomodation elsewhere.
And since nothing else is within walking distance can you rent a bike from EFT,or do you have to buy a car or a motorcycle?
If so ,any cheap dealers around?
And how big is this Fort Pierce anyway?

SAMIR786
5th Feb 2005, 16:19
Come on guys....I am sure its not that much of a deal if you have a mullet or not!

Or is it?

:ouch:

Bodie
5th Feb 2005, 21:39
Hi there

Went to EFT last September through 2 hurricanes and even then the accomodation was never a problem. It is however, in my opinion, over priced for what you get, but worth it if only to be around lots of other pilots and students from EFT.

They did offer cheaper accommodation at a local trailer park, I believe this could be the same road runner travel resort, around 10 minutes walk on the same road as the airport, and surprisingly this accomodation appeared very comfortable and not your steriotypical trailer park. There was a nice swimming pool on site too.

As for transportation, firstly EFT didnt bother with bikes when I was there, but even if they did, why rent a bike when WalMart sell them for 40 bucks? Secondly there are vehicles available from EFT for 50 bucks per week but these are shared with other housemates so don't rely on having your own car 24 7 (also they are rent-a-wrecks and not reliable for long journeys). An alternative is to approach a local rental company.

As for Fort Pierce, well the place is not that big and is a bit of a dive with most students preferring to go to Vero Beach, about 20 north of the airport.

Have fun when you get there.

Bodie

Farrell
6th Feb 2005, 18:12
Also having read the latest edition of Flyer magazine, EFT have an advert where it appears to state the the Fast Track PPL has now been reduced in price to just 4500USD.

I hope this applies to me as I've only paid my deposit at this stage!

If it does, and I don't see why it wouldn't, it means that I can use the money saved to pay for accommodation!

Thanks EFT! :ok:

SAMIR786
7th Feb 2005, 13:03
When staying at the Road Runner...are students placed in the cabins or the 1/2 bed villas?

daniel78
7th Feb 2005, 17:04
thanks for the help