PDA

View Full Version : Weather books

pablo
4th Feb 2005, 23:42
Hi!

I would like to improve my knowledge about aviation weather in general or specific areas so I would really appreciate some advice about books as well as any stand alone document/booklet/leaflet.

I already have Aviation Weather by Peter F. Lester (Jeppesen) and I think it's ok, specially in explaining the connection between the different weather systems and patterns. It has been of great help for me.

Thank you!!!

bafanguy
5th Feb 2005, 00:53
"Weather Flying" by Capt. Robert N. Buck ( TWA, ret. )

RatherBeFlying
5th Feb 2005, 01:02
Flying the Weather Map by
Richard Collins

Global Pilot
6th Feb 2005, 22:32
Instant Weather Forecasting and Instand Wind Forecasting.
Both by Alan Watts. Written for sailing but he gives a very good understanding of what is happening up there and helps you to develop an ability to judge weather by looking at the sky.
Not good for any tech exam you might have for flying but well worth a look!

TMPFICH
6th Feb 2005, 22:53
Hi,

I can highly recomend going on ebay and finding an A.P.3307 Royal Airforce Manual, Elementary Meteorology for aircrew. Written in the Sixties but still just as valid today. You can usually pick them up for around £20. I have a copy of my own but if you are interested PM me and I will keep an eye out for one if you like.

Cheers:ok:

BANANASBANANAS
13th Feb 2005, 06:49
Climatology for Airline Pilots by HR Quantick is a good read.

It assumes a basic level of knowledge and takes you forward from there. Its proving very useful for my upcoming Dragonair interview.

Avaialable on ebay. About US$30.00

Bananas

ivor tug
13th Feb 2005, 19:34
Meteorology for Pilots by Airlife Publishing ltd is agood book.

ISBN 1-85310-334-9