PDA

View Full Version : Government Subsidized Training

DiabloNero
4th Feb 2005, 04:46
Are there any schools in the world where the government pays your tuition in full or in part? I am interested in FTE or TP training or just a pilot's license to start. At the moment I have just graduated from the Engineering Physics program in Hamilton, Canada and I'd like to start flying. The costs of training are what really inclined me to search for a government subsidized institution. I'd go into the military but unfortunately I am disqualified from this option since I wear corrective lenses. Any advice and info would help.

Tom

[email protected]

I probably should mention that I have a dual EU and Canadian citizenship.

VisaGeeza
4th Feb 2005, 08:54
Nice thought though! :} :} :}

Oh and on the subject of freebies, does anyone know anyone who has a spare 100 grand to pay off my mortgage for me so that I can have more cash to spend on flying?:} :}

G-DANM
4th Feb 2005, 08:54
DiabloNero this is not a stupid question, although the answer will probably not help you!

To quote from BF SAA website (http://www.bfsaa.se/Eng/english/sponsored.htm)

"Government sponsored training with a basic VFR CPL introduction and 150 hours of flight time is offered 80 students annually. The selection is based on school grades, psychological aptitude testing and medical criteria.
BF SAA has been selected by the Aviation College of Sweden in Västerås and the Sandbacka school in Arvidsjaur to provide these students with the pertinent JAR-FCL training. The training is only available to Swedish citizens."

So Kissmysquirrel unless you are 100% sure I would not be so quick to rubbish peoples ideas, it is an attitude like that will stop people asking questions. And when people stop asking questions is when accidents happen!

ZK-DAN
4th Feb 2005, 09:04
Here in New Zeland you can a student loan through the government for flight training, fixed wing or ( to a lesser extent ) rotary, right up to Multi-instrument rating and/or instructor rating. Paid back through the tax system.

englishal
4th Feb 2005, 09:07
The EU offer grants for companies involved in "Aviation". Now I wonder if it would be possible to form a company, and apply for a grant which can be used for "training"....:}

(you probably can, they pay fishermen to burn their boats, then they go out and buy a new boat with the payment:confused: )