PDA

View Full Version : ITVV Videos/DVDs?

BAe 146-100
3rd Feb 2005, 18:55
Interested to know if anyone owns these ITVV Flightdeck videos/dvd's? I have about 5 of them and I think they are excellent.

Any opinions on them? Which are your favourites?

http://www.itvv.co.uk/

Regards ;)
BAe 146

TheOddOne
3rd Feb 2005, 19:12
Any opinions on them? Which are your favourites?

The very best as the 2-disc Concorde feature. Superb.

My next favourite is the Airtours A330 MAN-SFD, a good insight to the Airbus operating philosophy (no blue!) and for us airport operators the seriously different Standards at American airports (loads of flok milling about as the a/c arrives on stand, not a yellow jacket in sight!)

The Virgin 747 LHR-SFO (Golden Gate STAR - really!) is a good compare & contrast to the A330.

Both the latter give an excellent overview not only of the operating of the different a/c types but the current position with Transatlantic Navigation what with RVSM and the possibility of reduced horizontal separation as improved comms will replace the HF postion reporting.

Great for the enthusiast and a good insight for workers in the industry such as me and my team at LGW. I've passed these around and more people have watched them than have accused me of anorakism.

In an age when fam flights are a thing of the past, these are the next best thing.

Cheers,
TheOddOne

Sky Wave
4th Feb 2005, 12:42
I've got the lot.

I'd have to say the A330 is the best.

Does anyone know if they're gonna do any more?

QNH1013
4th Feb 2005, 14:56
Good Question! All their "NEW" releases are just the videos turned to DVD's. What are they going to do when ALL their shows are already on DVD's? I've been waiting for a new release for ages but I just think they can't do it nowadays. It's been a long time.

G SXTY
4th Feb 2005, 15:45
I was lucky enough to meet Capt. David Rowland, star of the Concorde video, at a GAPAN aptitude testing session. And a very nice bloke he is too – spent about 2 minutes discussing the tests and 20 minutes chatting about Concorde. :ok:

Global Pilot
5th Feb 2005, 18:29
I recall a company in Dublin issued about 6 or 7 cockpit videoa in the early 90s.
Ryanair ATR42
Ryanair Bac 111
Loganair ATP
Capital 146
Air Atlantis 737-400
F50 (can't remember the operator)
Plus a few others I can't remember.

Anybody got any of them now and if so what are they like?

Would be nice to see Ryanairoperating an ATR and even better if they could be sourced on DVD!

BAe 146-100
5th Feb 2005, 20:11
Global Pilot

I recall the Ryanair BAC 1-11 being available on eBay a few times. These Videos will be very hard to find though. They looked good!

All ITVV videos have all been converted to DVD now.

I wonder when they will produce another one? There was talk of a easyJet B73G video/DVD, presented by CPT Nick Stein (star of the Debonair BAe 146 vid). Which would have been great to see, not sure if it will come off though. :(

Cheers
BAe 146

TheOddOne
5th Feb 2005, 21:42
Now, what I'd REALLY like is a copy of some much older footage. I recall once seeing a cockpit shot (must have been a BAC1-11) of a cloudbreak at absolute minimum for CAT I, slightly offset r/w entreline. It was night, the shot opened with the pilots heads bouncing all over the place, windscreen wipers going 19 to the dozen, IMC, then the break, bucketing down with rain, r/w lights just off to the left, a quick jink and on the c/l, then bang, on the ground with hardly any flare.

I'd really love this sequence for my training presentation on ILS and LVPs. Most of our stuff assumes 125M IRVR with hardly any wind, autoland. This would show the other side of the operating coin, the heavy rain, low cloud, strong crosswind challenge.

If anyone else remembers that sequence or can point me towards anything similar, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
The Odd One

ftd83
7th Feb 2005, 09:43
Best part of the A330 video is the song at the end. Classic

Shed Rule :ok:

Oshkosh George
7th Feb 2005, 15:24
Justplanes do airline DVDs. I'm not supposed to put a link here to a commercial site,but it;s easy to find!

BAe 146-100
7th Feb 2005, 21:39
I have a few World Air Routes/Just Planes DVD's. Most of them are very good, quite a few though just mainly concentrate on the scenery, which is poor.

BAe 146

Quickflyer
10th Feb 2005, 09:23
Hi folks,

I have two ITVV videos for sale. One is VS 742 LGW-MIA-LGW and the other GO 733 STN-LIS-STN. Cheap price. If you're interested, please email me.

BOAC
11th Feb 2005, 07:50
Its gone too far, guys and girls! Getting a touch 'commercial' here and you ALL know what that means:D