PDA

View Full Version : New police tactics M4

J Urby
3rd Feb 2005, 18:53
2 Years ago I was lying in a hospital bed in the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford after having my leg put back together after a rather failed attempt at a parachute jump. I the bed opposite me was a bloke who had been cut out of a car after attempting to overtake a lorry and hitting another car head on. He was wondering if he clould get compensation for his accident. when I questioned him about what had happened, he claimed he was a very safe driver and never speeded; infact, when he overtook, he left the car in top-gear and crept past the lorry!! he was Fu**ing lucky to say the least:uhoh: As has been said, speed kills but it is inappropriate speed - he was going too slow. If you overtake then ignore the speed limit and get it over as quickly as is safely possible for the road conditions or wait. Unfortunately, speed cameras do not take these manuveres into consideration and are apparently leading to more road deaths as people try to overtake but remain within the speed limit. And crossbow, before you answer, i am not content to sit behind a lorry doing 50mph on a road i know to be perfectly safe at higher speed. :ok:

sorry, meant to put this in the original thread:rolleyes: