PDA

View Full Version : Hoon To Visit Lyneham

KPax
3rd Feb 2005, 10:22
As reported in the local press, Mr Hoon will make a visit to Lyneham today. Not an easy visit I would imagine.

foldingwings
3rd Feb 2005, 12:04
But he will B(l)uff his way through it as usual! Insensitive and ineffective barsteward (or is that 2 Jags?).

Evanelpus
3rd Feb 2005, 12:50
.....and if he didn't go there to pay his repects, he would be slated even more. You just can't win , can you?

propulike
3rd Feb 2005, 12:53
Does he know where it is?

Send Clowns
3rd Feb 2005, 12:55
Evan - he could have won, by going along, had he kept the respect of the military.

Evanelpus
3rd Feb 2005, 13:03
Here what you are all saying but the point I was making was, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

It will be a very sombre occasion, my sincerest condolences to the friends, colleagues and families of all concerned.

An Teallach
3rd Feb 2005, 13:12
While there's not much that TCH could do to redeem himself in the face of the forces, a visit to Lyneham may have been a bit more respectful if he had not trumpeted it to the press.

Just another photo opp in the run-up to an election.

November4
3rd Feb 2005, 13:20
Announced on the news as a "Private" visit.

Good to see he tipped off the press to make sure the pictures will be in the papers tomorrow.

Unlike the Princes Royal whose private visit was announced after she had been

crossbow
3rd Feb 2005, 13:24
While there's not much that TCH could do to redeem himself in the face of the forces

He doesn't need to redeem himself...he hasn't done anything wrong.

Like a previous guy stated...If he goes - He gets slated...If he doesn't go - He gets slated.

Well I for one was delighted to see him at Lyneham. And you should all stop trying to make cheap political jokes and remember why he has gone to Lyneham... please have a little decorum.

KPax
3rd Feb 2005, 13:51
I didn't start the thread to make 'cheap jokes' I meant what I said that it would be a very difficult visit. What I feel about him has no relevance, the only thing that matters is that the people who need support get it wherever it comes from.

crossbow
3rd Feb 2005, 13:56
Very true....Good call KPax, well said

An Teallach
3rd Feb 2005, 15:30
And having dealt with 3 bereaved families from previous tragedies, I can imagine that a pre-publicised visit from a politico is just what's needed right now, as the families, stn and local community have spent the last few days fighting off the gutter press.

please have a little decorum.

Exactly, follow the Princess Royal's example. A private visit announced to the 'gentlemen' of the press after the event.

DuckDodgers
3rd Feb 2005, 16:22
Perhaps Bliar may wish to show his thanks and grattitude by attending a military funeral, then again this isn't Ken Bigley is it? No votes to win in Liverpool or am i just being a cynical old fool................

foldingwings
3rd Feb 2005, 17:53
It's Thursday! Was his diary too full earlier in the week?

Sorry, Evan and Lefty (err, crossbow) for starting the rot on this thread but he should have gone earlier - he is the SoS for God's sake! And he sent the blokes in the first place!

It will be difficult for him, but not half as difficult as it is and will be for a very long time to come for the grieving families.

Too late Buff!

November4
3rd Feb 2005, 18:32
At least he found his way to Lyneham.

Anyone got a map so he can see how to get the military wing at the hospital at Birmingham.....????