http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/915521/659pizza.jpg

Discuss. :D :D :D :D

Pilgrim101
3rd Feb 2005, 09:06
Bit capricious, or should that be caprriciosa ? :E

Governormalfunction
3rd Feb 2005, 09:27
Mmmmmm..........

Deliver 1 little pizza, and what do they do to the Sqn Badge???

P.S. No General you can't have an aircraft for tomorrow, they are all booked......

Was that one with extra cheese sir?????

Eagle 270
3rd Feb 2005, 16:18
So, whats the story behind this then? If we know, we can discuss!

DuckDodgers
4th Feb 2005, 12:53
Ah well, my understanding of this goes along the lines of the following. Said Gazelle pilots girlfriend is on STANTA with Sandhurst during the 'digging in' phase i am led to believe whilst Ex EAGLES FLIGHT 05 is going on. Under the cover of darkness, at least he is thinking, he drops by to deliver a pizza. Whilst doing this he unexpectedly blows some corrugated iron into the path of the general who was visiting, said general being the fella in charge at Sandhurst.....................

airborne_artist
4th Feb 2005, 13:16
"Well Sir, my girlfriend wanted her portion, so I had to deliver it in person."

Hat, coat, fetch. It's been a long week.

Always_broken_in_wilts
4th Feb 2005, 13:40
Or perhaps she was just in the mood for some extra "salami":E

Would only have been a medium pizza.............if being delivered by a drumstick:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Tourist
4th Feb 2005, 13:42
Good Boy!

There should be a damn sight more of that sort of thing going on in the Forces:D

airborne_artist
4th Feb 2005, 14:03
Bet he was licking the anchovy sauce off his lips afterwards :E :E

lineslime
4th Feb 2005, 18:22
Did the scum not have a snapper with a slapper there ready for a forces bashing photo op?

EESDL
4th Feb 2005, 18:46
Now I know why it's called the 'Flying Sperm'

Wouldn't be the first time the pizza man came in a chopper....

Flare_Level_Cushion
7th Feb 2005, 17:48
It was a LYNX Mk 7 from 659 Sqn AAC, during daylight hours. The sun will run with a story tomorrow, 8th Feb 2005.

Well done I say. Here's to more high jinks with HM Forces!

detgnome
7th Feb 2005, 19:27
And to think there is a real story behind this... when I saw the first post I merely thought this was the latest suggestion for re-employment of the Gazelle - haven't laughed so hard in ages!

Flare_Level_Cushion
7th Feb 2005, 20:17
The Sun are putting a funny slant on it I am informed. They were in with RMAS Commandant all day.

Banter between 4 AAC CO and RGJ is rumoured to be fantatsic with the Officer involved deemd to be suitable for recruitment by the RGJ. A very amusing affair I must say!

airborne_artist
7th Feb 2005, 20:49
Not just HM's finest rotary pongos using their cabs for pizza delivery - Aussie firemen have caught on as well. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4243891.stm)

BEagle
7th Feb 2005, 21:52
It has been going on for ages....

Back in the early 1950s, a Lancaster appeared one fine day at RAF Merryfield. A rare sight in Zum'zett, after it had bounced all the way down the runway, my late father's business partner (Ex-FAA Albacores and Barracudas) who shared the running of their business on the station rang up a mate on 208 AFS to enquire why this rare beast was visiting.

It had, it seemed, flown down from Kinloss on an alleged OCU training sortie. But in reality it had but one reason....

...to deliver fresh salmon for an Officers' Mess function!

:D

hyd3failure
7th Feb 2005, 22:08
RAF MERRYFIELD - good god ! I haven't heard it being called that for years. Thanks for the memories Beags. The airfield is still going strong and in full daily use only it is being cared for by the senior service and now operates under the guise of RNAS Merryfield.

BEagle
7th Feb 2005, 22:30
Indeed! After 208 AFS moved out, the FAA moved in with their Sea Hawks, Sea Venoms, Gannets plus the odd Meteor TT - and Wastelands worked on Sabres and the odd Wyvern. This was whilst Heron was being extended for the 'Vixen.... I was also told that there was a Whirlwind fighter (or possibly a Welkin) behind the Wastelands hangar. That area later became a gypsy camp.

There was also an experimental twin-Nene vectored thrust Meteor which did some trials there in the early '50s; I explored the disused test tunnels as a child many years later! They were just east of the eastern taxiway opposite the GCA hut ramp on RW 26.

It was a great place for watching various aeroplanes when I lived nearby; regrettably there are only helicopters there nowadays.

Did my first solo at Merryfield on a bicycle, then a Cox PT-19 control line model aeroplane, then a Veron Robot radio controlled model aeroplane and eventually in a T-21 glider. Last time I was there was about 4 years ago in the back of the RNHF Chipmunk. Most of the old buildings on the aerodrome have long since disappeared - it looks very smart and ship shape now!

Sorry about the blatant thread creep!

MadsDad
8th Feb 2005, 11:00
I also recallin a book about the RAF in WW II seeing a picture of a spitfire being prepared to go to France after D-Day, to operate locally in France.

The preparations consisted of strapping a barrel of beer under each wing.

Vage Rot
8th Feb 2005, 15:43
Would never happen here on the Kipper Fleet - pizza would be gone by the time we got there!!

Charlie Luncher
8th Feb 2005, 21:56
Vage and we definitely did not ever conduct booze cruises either:ok: :yuk:
Charlie sends

Vage Rot
9th Feb 2005, 11:48
But it was good to see nothing found after the snitch blew the whistle! Even better to see the pride of Moray Council get sent down for taking back handers!!