PDA

View Full Version : Skyservice Interview?

FMS Guide
2nd Feb 2005, 17:21
Hello,

I was just wondering if Skyservice has interviewed anyone lately? If so, what type of questions do they ask on the interview?

FMS

oldebloke
2nd Feb 2005, 23:43
Very straight forward questions,'how was your worst day ,your best day" in your flying career.....Pretty laid back ...
But be keen..:ok:

Skullduggery
7th Feb 2005, 13:37
I was wondering if anyone would care to elaborate a little further on the Skyservice interview process.

Also what the pay scale is to start as an F/O and what their schedule is likely to be.

Airbus_rookie
7th Feb 2005, 15:23
Can't give any more info on the interview, other than what oldebloke has stated above. Research is done before your interview though, so if you get to the interview I would say its a positive sign. Relax, be yourself. The interviewer will be asking himself, would I like to do a 3 day pairing with this guy?

Hiring currently for the Boeing. 757's and 767's shortly.

Starting FO currently at $58,800. Increases to 60,500 on May 05.

Excellent place to work, good schedule, lots of overtime if you want it. Overseas deployments during the summer are available. The boeing uk deployment is essentially full for this year though (went senior).

Good luck!

FMS Guide
7th Feb 2005, 18:19
Thank you for all of your responses.

BTW, what are Captain salaries like at Skyservice?

FMS

oldebloke
8th Feb 2005, 16:17
Capt's salaries at Sky - higher that HMY,Westjet,Jetsgo,and Canjet...Just below AirTrans:ok:

FMS Guide
12th Feb 2005, 01:09
OK, that leads me to my next question. What does an Air Transat Captain make?

And just getting back to the interview. Is it technical in nature or more operational flying type questions?

FMS

Safety Guy
12th Feb 2005, 02:02
A first yr Captain at AT makes just over $100k.

boeing727
14th Feb 2005, 14:22
Hello,

Does anyone know what the requirements are for pilot positions at Skyservice (ie. hours?). Also do you know how many they are hiring for the Boeing 757's and 767's and when?

Thanks for the info!

Flaps10
14th Feb 2005, 22:58
From what I heard they did all their interviewing for now anyway. Needed 24 total. 8 started Feb 1 and the rest 16 others went into a pool for either the March 1 start or April 1 start date.

Not sure of mins but for a 757/767 I would expect they require quite a bit.

A friend got on the first course...was cap on a FK100 with Jgo. Said there are others there with time on Type. Some ex c3000 guys too.

the_bug
17th Feb 2005, 08:17
I was wondering, what the schedule is like at Skyservice?
-How many days a month work,
-how many sdo's or gdo's are awarded
-how is the sked affected seasonally?
-vacation alotted?
Also, if anyone knows minimums required to get in, I'm sure there's only 598 questions that I have left over...
Thanks
;)