PDA

View Full Version : jerez

quifflegend
2nd Feb 2005, 17:17
Hi just a quick post to check i have worked this out correct. To complete your ATPL's at Jerez would cost around 11, 000 staying on campus with food included. Anyone shed some light on this as it seems very expensive.

flighttime2.0
2nd Feb 2005, 19:20
seems very expensive because jerez is a rip opp !

check out their web site for a deffinate price but it would not surprise me in the least ...

Save yourself a fortune and go to bsg ..

EGAC_Ramper
2nd Feb 2005, 19:28
I asked them directly a while back as I had hoped to do my ATPL groundschool with them as to why it was that price.Unfortunately they never answered that then started marketing their integrated course to me and sayiong there was not enough interest for modular groundschool to warrant a class.So the only way I'd get the groundschool was through "the attached integrated course" :suspect:

Regards

quifflegend
2nd Feb 2005, 19:33
thanks, too be honest have been thinking about BGS for a while, so i'll probs go with them, was just exploring whether i might be better off with a fulltime course.

Any of you guys know how easy the material is to understand from Bristol. I'm just worried that if i get stuck on some stuff, i might not be able to understand it properly without someone actually explaining in person. My maths and sciences are ok, B GCSE maths and A for science. You reckon ill be ok?

flighttime2.0
3rd Feb 2005, 09:23
You will be fine , especially if your maths is up to speed you wont have a problem .

If you get stuck on anything just e-mail alax ( the owner of bgs ) or any of his instructors ( who are all excellent ) and you will get great support via e-mail , or just call them on the phone and they will explain to the best of their ability .

I found bgs great and much prefered the distant learning package , I was able to learn it at my own pace and get help when I needed it .

Goodluck with whatever you decide ... flighttime...

wubalaj
3rd Feb 2005, 21:11
Quiff,

Just to let you know that FTE does not currently offer groundschool for modular students. The only courses offered to modular students are CPL/IR, MCC and Joc, otherwise it is solely an integrated FTO.

Blue skies,
W................

Nooshkie
4th Feb 2005, 09:53
so over all?? what do you guys think about the quality of Jerezs school?? is it worth the 92 00 euro investment???

Apprently aeromadrid offer more hours and A320 sim... (not full type rating) and it is 18500 euros cheaper....

What should i do?

The African Dude
7th Feb 2005, 17:18
Nooshkie,

The A320 sim is just a box for you to sit in while you do the MCC-CRM. It sounds attractive, but, before you make a decision based on shiny equipment remember! that training you to fly the A320 is not going to form any part of the MCC course.

Best wishes,
Andy

lscajp
8th Feb 2005, 01:54
You boys worry too much about cost. Go to OAT and do the proper APP. Loved by the airlines.

"nuff said" (as you so well educated fellas so often say)

FlyUK
8th Feb 2005, 07:35
Loved by the airlines.

Hmm... :p

Divet II
8th Feb 2005, 18:56
'Go do the proper APP!'

How does one get a degree?

Well, one goes to Manchester Uni, they do a proper BSc course, all the employers love it. I haven't started yet, but they told me its the only place to go. nuff said :rolleyes:

fastjet2k
8th Feb 2005, 22:56
THIS IS THE WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE NEXT WEEK:

OXFORD: OVERCAST 1000 RAIN

JEREZ: SCORCHIO

'Nuff Said

su37_driver
9th Feb 2005, 06:40
Go to OAT and do the proper APP. Loved by the airlines.

Jerez is the only proper integrated course, forget APP.

:ok:

uhhh...hmmm...pass?
17th Feb 2005, 10:46
Yikes, that is pricey for ATPL's. Whoever said go to BGS has my backing. It is unlikely that you will find a more capable and intelligent instructor as Alex Whittingham. I studied for the old CAA exams with him. (You can save yourself some money by doing the correspondance course, followed by a brush-up course, if that is still offered. You might even save the price of the correspondance course if you can buy the notes second-hand.) I misspent a lot of money while getting licensed, but none at Bristol Groundschool.

PS anybody want to get together to book an MCC and save some dosh? PM me

stratotanker135
26th Feb 2005, 19:44
There always bctair.co.uk at half the price a combined cpl/mr/ir with aerodynamics in malaga plus you might get on the turbo type rating course with 50 hrs line training

G-DANM
27th Feb 2005, 21:07
I don't know where Stratotanker135 has got their information from but the company he/she refers to (www.bctair.co.uk) is in fact BCT Aviation based at Kemble. So to set the record straight, BCT offers a structured full time modular course from PPL to Frozen ATPL with the ATPL groundschool conducted at Pilot Ground Training who BCT are co-located with. Although both companies provide stand alone courses as well.

Regards
G-DANM

Re-Heat
28th Feb 2005, 08:32
save some dosh
If you want to get into a jet job with low hours quickly, avoid taking the cheapest route as it is not always best. Value for money, training records and reputation are key.

Not knocking your choice - just your terminology.

Factor in lost earnings of building time to get a jet job vs being able to go straight in from an integrated course, and it may not seem so expensive after all...