PDA

View Full Version : Fishing spot near aerodrome

DeltaSix
1st Feb 2005, 23:48
Does anyone know of a fishing spot near an aerodrome ?

Some friends of mine was just enquiring.

Any info on Moruya NSW, I just know that is close to the beach and I think a lake. I saw it parallel to one of the runways.

Deltasix
:O

Like This - Do That
2nd Feb 2005, 01:04
Yep Deltasix, you got it in one .....

At Moruya taxi over to the terminal (ie east of the 36 threshold). Walk through the campsite and out onto the breakwater. Doesn't take any more than 10 minutes or so.

I dunno if it's changed in the last couple of years, but flying Mrs LT-DT down for a Sunday picnic at Moruya was always a treat. AFAIK the parking arrangements haven't changed. Maybe there's a note in ERSA, check it out.

If you have to park over the other side of 36/18 it's still only a 15 minute walk along the road to the campsite & beach.

Too easy Campese!

Atlas Shrugged
2nd Feb 2005, 01:15
http://www.trilbystation.com.au/

DeltaSix
2nd Feb 2005, 01:21
Thanks LT-DT, its been awhile since I've been to Moruya and if ever I was there bugging the locals in the duchess and creating confusion in the circuit due to the cross runways when I was still PPL, it was just a touch and go and next thing I know I'm over Bateman's Bay headed for Bankstown.

Didnt get a chance to look at the area properly from the ground.

Cheers

D6 :ok:

NAMPS
2nd Feb 2005, 02:53
MRY is great. Went there last October and camped the night with a couple of mates, caught some flatties which we cooked on a camp fire, beaut.

I parked on the grass near the fuel bowser (near the terminal) - there were no fees payable for this.