PDA

View Full Version : EFT Cessna 172s...

SAMIR786
1st Feb 2005, 11:55
Does anyone know exactly what model/year EFT's (Florida) C172s are?

Also, can anyone recommend a good checklist for the C172?

Cheers.

Farrell
1st Feb 2005, 18:34
Hi

The Cessna's at EFT belong (I just found out this morning because it came in my info pack!) to Ari-Ben Aviator.

According to my letter, they have six of them, but I'm not sure how old they are, however, I have read here that they are well maintained.

With regards to a good Cessna 172 checklist, I think Jeremy Pratt wrote one, and you can get it in the AFE website www.afeonline.com and that's about as far as I dare go, because I'm not sure you can 'advertise' here on the forum and I'm also not sure of what constitutes 'advertising' as opposed to 'recommending' a product.

anyway, good luck with your training.

Wayne :ok:

OneMileHigh
1st Feb 2005, 20:31
I've just returned from a great 3 weeks at EFT, and I can fully recommend them.

You'll receive an approved 172 checklist when you get there and it is the one on which their course is approved so use it and don't buy one yourself.

The aircraft are well used, so don't expect prestine condition, but they are well maintained. The scheduling of aircraft is well executed, and although there were several days 'weathered off' which caused a backlog of students on the sole Arrow, everyone whilst I was there progressed through the course in the expected time of 3 weeks. Whilst the serviceability of the Arrow may cause a problem, I would hope and expect that they would have the contacts to replace it as and when required.

Accomodation was generally good. The apartments in The Pines, Vero Beach are clean and not cockroach infested, but they are a little sparse on equipment. This doesn't cause too much of a problem as generally if you think you need something, clear it with EFT to buy the required item and they'll refund you. The major gripe may be that you'll not have a TV, or no aerial connection. This would require a good nag at the admin staff who'll then get it sorted as soon as they can, but remember that they are at the mercy of the American civilian workforce, so you may have to wait a bit.

There are enough good things said about EFT to warrant you going ahead and booking your course. You could spend a lot of time sifting all the information about the various schools, but remember, everything you hear here on Pprune is an individual opinion.

Good luck

SAMIR786
1st Feb 2005, 22:46
Hey Farrell....when are you going out there?

I am flying out on the 6th April to do about 30 hours to get my PPL.

See you there!

:ok:

SAMIR786
2nd Feb 2005, 10:38
OneMileHigh

Do you know the exact model of these 172s?

i.e. 172N, 172P etc?

or which year?

Cheers!

African Drunk
2nd Feb 2005, 13:04
Do your flying with Ari-Benn and you get same a/c for 1/3 of the price. You only need ICAO PPL to sit ATPL exams. Another rip off for european students?

Farrell
2nd Feb 2005, 17:12
There seems to be swings and roundabouts with all of these schools. Half price here, big discounts there. I decided on EFT because they were, well...just nice on the phone. Not 'kiss your ass' nice just concise and direct - no ummmms or ahhhhs or 'we'll have to get back to you on that'.

I got a pack telling me exactly what was going to happen with regards to my M-1 visa application and registering with the TSA. I followed their advice to the letter and everything is happening exactly as they said it would.

EFT have made my initial steps into this field painless and trouble-free, and I'm sure that my tuition and accommodation will be the same.

SAMIR - I'll be flying back the day you fly out, so if you sit on the left side of the plane going over, I'll be sure to give you a wave!!;)

Cheers

Wayne

SAMIR786
2nd Feb 2005, 18:04
I'll keep a look out for ya!

I agree with you with regards to EFT.

I tried very hard to dig some bad reviews about EFT but I failed. The place seems to have about 98% positive feedback.

Trevor and Charlotte are quick to respond and the whole setup seems to have the right vibe.

I am confident that I have made the right choice with EFT.

Good luck Farrell.