PDA

View Full Version : Qantas pilot, victim of tsunami strike

sweetsurrender
31st Jan 2005, 12:47
Hi everyone... I'm new here and I'm curious and also I have some doubts referring to the subject above.

I wonder any of you Australian heard of this: A Qantas pilot, one of the victim of tsunami strike in Phuket and he's confirmed dead.

I got a very disturbing news about my friend from his friend in Sydney. My friend is a Qantas pilot and I was told that he's dead due to that tragedy. However, I couldn't find any of his name in missing/dead/found ppl list.

Just anyone, please... anyone... preferable those from Qantas or anyone related to airline industry, I need to know whether is it true that this had happened. I couldn't manage to contact his friend that told me about it, I got no reply from him after several mails to him.

If anyone can help, please PM me and I can give you more details of the pilot to help me track him. Your help is much appreciated. I'm still in dark on what had happened to him, I need more info in it. My last contact with my friend was on 25th Dec 2004. I still can't get over his death and I need a second confirmation. It's pretty strange that if really so, he should made the headline of all newspapers in Aus.

Thanks in advance.

OBNO
1st Feb 2005, 01:45
Why don't you try the Dept of Foreign Affairs in Canberra. If you are in Malaysia, try the Australian Embassy.

Keg
1st Feb 2005, 05:36
Nothing has been mentioned at work regarding the loss of one of our pilots in the Tsunami either in official publications or along the grape vine.

Good luck with your search.

sweetsurrender
1st Feb 2005, 11:49
Keg and OBNO...
Thanks for your reply.
Keg, it seemed like u're working with Qantas. From what you had told me, it seeemd pretty sure that no one had died in the tsunami strike that work with Qantas.
Really appreciate it.
However, would like to hear more from other ppl too to see what they say.
Thank you very much!

Woomera
1st Feb 2005, 19:48
Why don't you do a simple Internet search for the facts, rather than trying to rely on heresay???

It's all here (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Asia-Tsunami/Australians--dead-and-missing/2005/01/07/1104832304659.html?oneclick=true) and here (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=australians+dead+in+tsunami&btnG=Google+Search&meta=) if you care to look.

Woomera

sweetsurrender
3rd Feb 2005, 13:01
Hi womeera... thanks. I did try to search but i just want a second confirmation or opinion from insider.

Anyway... it's all right for you to just locked this topic. I have sort of get the answer to my question from keg.

Thanks keg, u helped a lot.

Sorry if I cause any trouble.
Take care everyone.

This is a great forum.