PDA

View Full Version : working for Cathay Pacific

barbara30
30th Jan 2005, 08:20
Hi
Could anyone tell me what Cathay Pacific are like to work for? My husband has an interview with them end of next month as a quality assurance engineer . Do they pay well and help with accommodation etc. An indication of the sort of salary scale to be looking for would be very helpful as it’s very difficult to know when living so far away. We are from the UK but have lived in Ireland for the past 4 years.

Thanks

Barbara

spannersatcx
30th Jan 2005, 11:34
As an ex-pat, he will be elligible for housing allowance and education allowance for any kids. Salary, hmm hard to say really, what will happen is they will make an offer and it won't be necessarily what was talked about at the interview, as once HR get involved they tend to offer the very minimum they thinkthey can get away with. Also with the HKD to GBP exchange at the moment it may not seem great. I personally wouldn't accept anything below HKD45K.

CV880
6th Feb 2005, 04:04
You also get a medical scheme and naturally a staff travel scheme. The 3 big cost items in HK for expats are housing, medical and education (as well as simply living in HK which is an expensive place). Being a CX ground expat used to be a good number but like airlines everywhere the pressure is on to get/keep costs down so today they expect more for less bucks than in the "good old days".