I'm thinking about using Bristol.gs for my atpl ground school,

what are they like?
what is their study material like?

Any advice would be great

Gavin.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
30th Jan 2005, 10:46
Gavin,

May be worth using the search function for this, as a lot has been said about BGS. I havent been there myself, however, have heard some excellent reports and have seen their notes, which are very good.

brooker100
30th Jan 2005, 11:03
Thanks for the help, I thinks its got to be Bristol.gs after the things Ive been reading about Oxford.

High Wing Drifter
30th Jan 2005, 13:45
First base is www.bristol.gs.

karanou
30th Jan 2005, 16:38
Brooker

Im currently studying ATPL groundschool at BGS, Mod 1, via their distance learning program.

The study material is good, the support is good. I cannot comment on any other schools as I have never studied with them. So far I certainly have no complaints (apart from the amount of bl**dy info you are expected to absorb!!!)

The only advice I could give is, while it helps to have good study material/support, which In my opinion BGS do supply, it is absolutely essential to be very highly self-motivated .....

pm me if you would like more specific feedback

Regards

K

cabeza
3rd Feb 2005, 19:46
You will not go wrong at Bristol.

A great team.

I rang Alex one year after the course for advise on IR training which incidentally saved me about 5 grand!

If the flying schools we entrust with our cash were as professional as BSG these forums wouldn't be rife with horror stories!!

Just a thought

highflyer27
3rd Feb 2005, 20:47
How much does the two week brush up course with BGS help?

I read the notes and understand them, for the most part, although I dont get gyros! I just dont seem to be able to remember the stuff and I am on a tight schedule.

How much will the two week course help me? How much of the course do they cover?

Thanks

Sky Wave
4th Feb 2005, 07:30
highflyer27

If you're anything like me most of the stuff you've read, understood and forgotten by the next chapter.

Once you get on the brush up you'll find that 8 hours in the class room and 5 hours in the B & B every day is enough to bring everything flooding back.

As kissmysquirrel said they will also iron out any problems such as gyro's.

You'll be amazed at how much you know after the two weeks compared to before them.

Good Luck

GulfStreamV
4th Feb 2005, 12:48
Well, my big box of Module 1 from BGS thudded on my doorstep this morning.
My first impression is...WOW....The content looks very good, good quality paper,pictures etc. Using the CD-Rom and all the support on their forums/tutors is definately going to be a plus for me, as I'm a slow learner.

Its now down to me - no one else can do it but myself, I have all the tools and help needed, so starting next week, looking to do about 3-4 hours a night.

GV

Malc
4th Feb 2005, 13:18
BGS = excellent.

They got me through all ATPLs first time, with a healthy average mark, despite me expecting some resits when I first saw the manuals!

Each 2 week crammer is invaluable for consolidating all you've learnt. Expect some late nights/early mornings, but all in a good cause.

I'm really pleased I chose BGS and can't recommend them enough.