PDA

View Full Version : Wireless mice

wub
29th Jan 2005, 16:17
I've just taken delivery of my new HP Pavilion PC which has a wirless mouse and keyboard. This is my first experience with these beasts and I'm frustrated that the mouse cursor keeps shooting off the screen in random directions and I have to jiggle the mouse around to retrieve it.

Is this normal for these things or is there something amiss? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

amanoffewwords
29th Jan 2005, 16:22
Did you install the software (driver) that came with it?

The other possibility is that you may need to change the channel it is operating on - how you do that depends on the model/make.

hth
Charles

wub
29th Jan 2005, 16:51
Thanks, I did install the drivers and I have now synchronised the mouse to the receiver. This has improved things and I have also changed the mouse colour to enable me to see it against a white background.

I read that the colour of the mousemat can affect performance, so I'll buy a single colour mat...goodbye Homer Simpson!

goates
30th Jan 2005, 00:10
The colour of the mouse pad can affect optical mice. Going from white to black or moving over a relective portion will cause problems. A single coloured pad seems to work best for me.

goates