PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning ATPL Groundschool

quifflegend
27th Jan 2005, 15:28
Hi, if i was to go to EFT for their APP and complete the ATPL groundschool with BGS (distance learning), how would i complete a brush up course prior to the exams? Is this something that i would have to miss out on? I understand that the exams would probably be taken in Orlando. Is this also correct? Any help would be great. Thanks

Alex Whittingham
27th Jan 2005, 16:42
It depends on whether you need an approved course or not.

If you are very experienced (ICAO ATPL & more than 1500 hrs on two pilot aircraft) you can study how you like as long as you pass the exams. Under these circumstances you could do the distance learning phase with us and then either study on your own or take advantage of a Florida FTO for the brush-up. As to the exams, they have been sat in Orlando for the last few years under the stewardship of Delta Connection Academy. I think Delta are pulling out/have pulled out of JAA training, though, so the arrangements might change. The only remaining Florida FTOs that offer groundschool are Naples and Helicopter Adventures. One of the Naples regulars can probably tell you the current status of the exams, how often they intend to run the sittings this year and what the surcharge might be.

At the other extreme, if you have a PPL you will need to follow an approved course. This would mean that, if you do the course with us, you would have to come back to the UK to do the crammer course & it would make sense sit the exams while you are over here, that's what most of EFT's students do. If you really want to do the exams in Florida perhaps you should consider doing the whole course with Naples.

Charlie Zulu
27th Jan 2005, 17:48
Well at the moment the exams are the first week of every month at the same place in Orlando.

Free use of the exam hall in Orlando for those enrolled on one of the ATPL courses run by Naples, Helicopter Adventures and Delta (if they still have courses going through).

If anything changes then I'm sure someone will let you all know.

I've gone and booked mine for July Brush Up / August Sitting.

NACGS
28th Jan 2005, 01:20
I can confirm that the Orlando exam center will continue after Delta Connection Academy / AFT stop their JAA ATPL courses in June his year.

We will continue with the monthly sittings, and with the students numbers NAC and Helicopter Adventures will be putting through, I think we will most probably lower the price of to use the exam center for non Florida school students from June .

But its early stages and talks havent been held to finalise the change over of running the exam center.

Heli Adventures and NAC will email all ground schools so that they are kept up to date on the Florida exam center when changes occur.

Chris

FlyingBeachball
27th Feb 2005, 07:53
Hi people,

I just paid my deposit for a modular course for the CPL. I am looking for a ground school for distance learning. Can anyone recommend a good school and advise me on anything to avoid or look for.

Frank Furillo
27th Feb 2005, 11:55
Easy, if you are wanting distance learning then Bristol groundchool is for you. i have just finished with them and they are awesome. The best in distance learning, just have a search on them and you will see very happy customers and the pass rates are among the best.
FF