PDA

View Full Version : A Career in Journalism

lostinspain
27th Jan 2005, 13:00
Dear All,
I'm a wannabee freelance journo who regularly changes identify and uses dodgy Hotmail accounts to register new user names to try and extract inside information from the crewrooms on JSF, Merlin, Typhoon, new carriers etc etc.
Anyone got any advice or tips to help me in my career ?
Regards
TT
Tal later, I'm off to rummage through Madonna's bin bags for my evening job....

hyd3failure
27th Jan 2005, 13:02
Contact Mike Hegland. He's in the same job as you.

Stuff
27th Jan 2005, 13:13
Why not just invent 99% of all your stories? Thats what real journos do, isn't it?

Gus T Breeze
27th Jan 2005, 13:24
Remember the first rule of journalism..........."Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!"

Lee Jung
27th Jan 2005, 18:06
Morale is high, the boots fit and the mail is getting through.

No dirt to dish here, I suggest you try the NHS/DSS/Education/Work and Pensions/quangos/PCC/Playschool or make up some random story about a royal.

Stay tuned though, you never know when the next war will happen, unless you're Condemall Rice.

lostinspain
27th Jan 2005, 18:34
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently working a story on low morale in the Boy Scouts due to post-Jamboree stress related syndrome and substandard woggles from Korea that cannot be used in the fine sands of North Norfolk, Bovril in tins that state "good luck to the boys in the Trenches"and a little known "satanic" verse of ging gang gooley that is apparently contrary to the laws on beastiality. The QM (3rd Troop the Dachet Section) damn well knew it at the time: he's in line for a Courts Martial, got any filth or photos ?
Hull Sea Scouts apparently have found John Prescott's old collection of magazines behind the life jacket store and I've been promised 3 pages in next Sunday's South Humberside Mail to reveal all.

L1A2 discharged
27th Jan 2005, 18:45
At least the boy scouts have a clear mission and are led by grown ups who appear to know what it is.

:ok:

Dancing Bear
27th Jan 2005, 18:52
Hurrah, Mikehegland is dead, long live lostinspain!!