PDA

View Full Version : T-6B Texan at Cranwell

f4aviation
25th Jan 2005, 19:37
Anyone know the reason for the T-6B's visit to Cranwell? I've tried the CCO without success and can't raise anyone at Serco. Yes, I'm a budding aviation journo but on the enthusiast side & I'm just keen to understand why it's buzzing over my house!

beerdrinker
26th Jan 2005, 05:49
On a world tour to UK, Spain, Greece, Singapore and Oz for an Air Show, then back to S'pore then to Thailand, Malaysia, Israel and UAE before arriving at Paris air show in june.

See page 415 of the Jan 17th issue of Aviation Week

Jackonicko
26th Jan 2005, 09:34
How long before the Tucano would NEED to be replaced?

What would be the best replacement? T-6B? PC-21? Something else?

BEagle
26th Jan 2005, 14:29
Jet Provost T Mk 5A!

f4aviation
26th Jan 2005, 18:47
beerdrinker - thanks, it would seem to be a sales tour after all.

Beagle - if I can have the fuel supply contract, I'd agree with you!

sprucemoose
27th Jan 2005, 16:38
Er, no thanks on the PC-21 just now Jacko - not until we know why HZB went in!
BTW, there was a good T-6B flight test report in a leading aviation mag recently - FI, 4-10 Jan...

saudipc-9
28th Jan 2005, 02:36
Well if anyone has any questions I'll answer them if I can. I'm flying the T-6 right now in Moose Jaw

Art Field
28th Jan 2005, 12:53
Having done flying training on the T6 Texan/Harvard like many of my vintage I would recommend it as a trainer that tests your ability to the full with a bite that leaves you with a respect for aircraft handling that lasts throughout your aviation career.

teeteringhead
28th Jan 2005, 13:25
Jet Provost T Mk 5A! Mk 4 please BEags ! The sports model ... who needs pressurisation or pressure breathing at only 350........;)

BEagle
28th Jan 2005, 14:46
errm, Art - the Yanks have re-named the Pilatus PC9 built under licence in Wichita:

"Raytheon/Beech/Pilatus T-6A Texan II".

I don't think it was a North American Texan/Harvard which was over Cranwell recently. Unfortunately!

Art Field
28th Jan 2005, 14:58
Well thanks Beags, I did wonder. I looked on Google to be sure before opening symbolic mouth but it came up with the real mans aircraft, goes to show you never should trust all you read.

Slow-Rider
28th Jan 2005, 15:09
I must admit I was under the impression we were talking about the T-6 texan/harvard having also done a google. Thanks for the clarification!

f4aviation
28th Jan 2005, 15:19
There's a pic here (http://www.airsceneuk.co.uk/scene.htm) - it seems to have left Cranwell for Farnborough now.

BEagle
28th Jan 2005, 16:54
It won't have taken it long to get from the RAF College to Farnborough today with that wind!

No doubt this is all to do with the Rental Air Farce and its MFTS "We can't afford our own a/c" concept. A far cry from the day when young Art Field strapped a Harvard to his backside - or even when I flew the JP in training!