PDA

View Full Version : PGT - Highly recomended!

Foz2
25th Jan 2005, 16:59
Hi,

I went down for a brush up day with PGT at Kemble the other day and it really was superb. Spent the whole day doing P of F with John Hedges and it really has sorted me out ready for the exam. The '1 day, 1 subject' idea is great as it means you can really get your teeth into it.

For anyone considering doing their groundschool there or just a brush up day I would highly recommend them.

Cheers

Foz.

814hotelalpha
25th Jan 2005, 21:41
A rather delayed recommendation for PGT.
having struggled to get through the Performance paper, and with 1 sitting remaining, i decided to ask for help, and spent the day at PGT with John Hedges and a 1day 1 subject brush up. we covered a huge amount, and it was great to see how a different approach to problem solving gave me the confidence to sit the paper back in december and come out with the required pass.
best of luck for the future for all those at PGT, and many thanks for all your help!

PGT
26th Jan 2005, 10:18
Thanks guys for your comments. Hopefully you won't need any more help, but you know where we are if you do.

Well done 814 and good luck Foz.

PGT Kemble
www.pilotgroundtraining.com

Subcutaneous
2nd Feb 2005, 21:39
Having just logged onto Pilot Ground Trainings website for the first time i must say i was very impressed with it overall. I was taught by the vast majority of these guys while i studied at Oxford.
I have to say that these guys are the top dogs. See my remarks on 'Oxford Instructors shortage'

I dont know the Head of Training Mr Gordon Lee but it certainly appears as if he has a few qualifications namely 30 odd years as a BA pilot. (check out the staff page wannabies).
http://www.pilotgroundtraining.com/staff.htm

I can't vouch for the school but i can certainly recommend 80% of the staff. Knowing the guys like i did I've no doubt the quality of tuition will be of the highest standard.

Good luck to all at Pilot Ground Training

AAY
11th Feb 2005, 00:28
Hi folks,

I would also like to highly recommend PGT for their excellent ground training.

I did a one day brush up course on H.P with instructor Steve Tindle last Friady and found it to be very benefical. The course was well structured with all aspects covered and plenty of time for questions and answers. I sat the exam today and felt really confident of a high pass mark upon finishing the paper.

Being a distance learning student with a well established FTO and not wishing to attend lectures on one subject spread over two weeks ie. Bristol & Oxford, PGT's one day brush up was really convenient for me.
I met up with all the instructors who were extremely friendly and very accommodating....literally! Right Steve ? ;)
During a coffee break, Pete Begley took myself and another student onboard a BAE 146 where we sat in the flight deck at the controls, while Pete discussed the aircraft systems. The great thing about PGT is that they have frequent access to commercial aircraft, so if you don't fully understand the systems in class, it can be thought to you on a practical level in the actual flight deck or doing a simple walk around.

My experience with PGT in just one day was very impressive. Anyone considering to do their training with them, can't go wrong.

I'd like to thank all the staff, especially Steve Tindle for getting me through the exam and being so kind. I really appreciate your help.

Wishing the school continuing success

Best regards,

Darren

:ok: :ok: :ok:

dann1405
11th Feb 2005, 09:42
Was just about to post a topic asking for people with experiences of PGT, so this is all very intersting and encouraging reading!
Dan

AAY
24th Feb 2005, 15:45
Hi again,

I'd just like to make an addition to my previous post and give a special thanks to Steve Tindle and the rest of the PGT staff for helping me achieve a 96% pass in Human Performance exam.

With all the exams now completed im off to Florida in three days to finish the flying:cool:

Thanks PGT

Darren

P.s Best of luck to everyone taking their ATPL's

:ok:

Flight Management
24th Feb 2005, 21:46
Really good - brush up days are first class.:D

Daft Wader
2nd Mar 2005, 09:36
Did a one day brush up yesterday, great value, one to one instruction tailored around the students needs and concentrating on your weaker areas, they will even fit the lessons around the days that you are free.
For one to one tuition with experienced instructors who have many years of instruction under their belts , would endorse them very highly.

"may the farce be with you"

Daft Wader

:E

JB007
2nd Mar 2005, 09:46
From the quality of staff, PGT sounds a very high standard operation. (like the Wright Bros touch!) Chris and Steve sorted me out at Oxford, they are a class act! I would recommend anyone to take a look...

God save the Queen
2nd Mar 2005, 10:34
Absolutely fantastic, I posted here before about how good PGT is, my perf refresher with John was brilliant and the setup there is top notch.
i'm now on the Astraeus/Pprune cadet sponsorship nearing the end of my B757 type rating, wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for PGT. Thanks again.

Subcutaneous
2nd Mar 2005, 15:52
Nothing surprises me as I have previously said, the Instructors at PGT are top quality.

These one day brush up courses seem to be very popular, and if I am not mistaken they are the only school that allows a student to study one subject all in one day. This obviously keeps costs down for us students and as we all know that is very important to the purse/wallet.