PDA

View Full Version : FR on grass @ DUB

Cargo
24th Jan 2005, 10:07
On the way out of DUB this morning, noticed a FR B732 (Eircom - Ready to Go livery) partially on the grass between the A and B Piers. Anybody know when this happened and how? Looked like Aer Rianta were about to commence some sort of extraction plan?

Of course, the DUB wit prevailed on our a/c, with the lady beside me commenting 'Jaysus, that doesn't look very Ready to Go'!

Rocco in Budapest
24th Jan 2005, 10:20
My guess it is still there from the storms blowing over DUB in the past few weeks. It has been decommissioned and has been stripped of anything of value, notably the engines!

Not sure if FR still own the thing, apparently it is going to be used by the authorities for fire training.

scraglad
24th Jan 2005, 11:19
MY guess is MOL has set the a/c up as a trading stall and is flogging something off from the a/c,maybe his credit card?? :}

This particular aircraft EI-CJD has been grounded for well over a year and enginer's are ripping it apart for parts.

And as said above,it will eventually be used for fire training at DUB.

It's amazing is'nt it, MOL still manages to make money from a clapped out shell of an aircraft..............genius. :E

Flaps Down Gear Up
24th Jan 2005, 11:53
This aircraft is ex-FR and is now in use as a Tug trainer. A/C was certainly under tow approx 7am as I watched it pass me whilst waiting to board an FR flight - saw some emergency vehicle activilty around it shortly after! Seems to have broken free from the tug and ended up in the grass, unless some sort of tug driving exercise was being set up!

Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'
24th Jan 2005, 18:38
Hi all

Was in DUB at 08:30am, taxied past the aircraft on Link 4 and got some nice photo's! Definately a ground machine as it was missing both engines, unless FR have found that flight is possible without them!

My ground crew told me that the shear pin on the tug tow bar had done it's job perfectly and sheared! Tug went one way, aircraft went the other. If that did actually happen, isn't someone supposed to be in the flight deck covering the brakes for such ground operations?

Cheers

ACA

minuteman
24th Jan 2005, 19:29
No engines or APU = no hydraulics = no brakes...

DUBXH
24th Jan 2005, 21:07
Aircraft was being towed towwards C Pier, god knows why... It gets around more than an Essex Girl :oP The Shear pin did Shear and in turn the VERY light shell of a 732 went venturing into the grass. Eventually extracted from the grass and the tow was re commenced this time with a DAA Tractor tied onto the rear gears in case it tried any repeat preformances. As usual an abundance of Yellow Vans and flashy lights covering the scene...

Flaps Down Gear Up - I thought CJD had been sold to the Airport Fire Authority for the purpose of fire training?

I stand to be corrected.

Liffy 1M
25th Jan 2005, 20:30
This 737 no longer has anything to do with Ryanair, as it is owned by Dublin Airport Authority, presumably for whatever ground-based purposes they wish to put it to. By the way, it was disposed of to the DAA not by Ryanair, but by the firm that has bought the RYR 737- 200 fleet.

Farrell
28th Jan 2005, 15:54
EI-CJD

O'Leary's 'Mad Cow' ! :E

Shamjet
1st Feb 2005, 23:08
Well it's no secret he has introduced a very dangerous crippling disease .. which has spread from dublin ... but that was some time ago wasn't it ???

looks like he'll have to be culled sooner or later anyway!