PDA

View Full Version : Printing out e-mails: message only

Keygrip
23rd Jan 2005, 21:13
Hi, guru's,

I want to print out some e-mails, with the stationery background (I know how to do that bit) - but I need them to print just the message only, not the To/From/Date/Subject information.....JUST the message.

Anybody know what buttons to click on XPPro and/or Office 2003 Premium?

gizmocat
24th Jan 2005, 09:56
Just copy the text, and paste it into notepad for printing.

Keygrip
24th Jan 2005, 11:59
gizmo - that wil not bring the stationery (will it?)

Despite using Word as the e-mail editor, stationery that was designed for use on e-mail (by a third party) will not import into the Word stationery folder. Don't know why.

gizmocat
24th Jan 2005, 19:54
Sorry KG, I miss-read your original post, I thought you wanted just the text :\ You are absolutely correct that pasting into notepad will not include the background. What e-mail client are you using ?

Keygrip
24th Jan 2005, 20:43
What e-mail client are you using ?

Can you make this a multi choice question? What's the range of available answers?

If the answer is not;

Windows XP Pro,
Office 2003, or
Word

then it's............dunno.

gizmocat
25th Jan 2005, 07:33
rofl :D good answer mate. By e-mail client, I was asking what program you use to check your e-mail with, e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, a.n.other ?

Keygrip
25th Jan 2005, 11:23
Ah - Outlook (the slow one, not express).

Tartan Giant
29th Jan 2005, 13:58
Hi Keygrip,

Try this:

Select the email message you want to printed out.

Select FORWARD

That will put you in a new window, with who you want to receive this message - with all the background/wallpaper whatever.

You just get into the message itself, and delete the To/From/ Cc Subject and all the guff, leaving just the plain test message (as if you had originated it - you are just doing a bit of editing really).

Now post it to [B]yourself[/].

After it arrives in your email box, print it out.

Fingers crossed.
Cheers

TG

Onan the Clumsy
29th Jan 2005, 14:41
Better still, dump Outlook and set up a Yahoo account to read your email from the current address. That way you can print directly from Yahoo without the headers AND you can get your email anywhere in the world AND they take care of backing it up for you.

Please rate this answer. How helpful was it?

Not at all [x]
a bit [ ]
ok [ ]
sort of [ ]
brilliant [ ]

Keygrip
29th Jan 2005, 16:11
Tartan - when it ends up in my inbox after sending it back to myself it than adds the addresses of the send er of the forwarded message (me) and the recipient (me again).

It's the same thing as printing out the original mail (isn't it?).

Thanks for the input - I'll keep trying.

Maybe another way to attack the same problem - despite using/saving the stationery in Word as the Outlook e-mail client (new phrase for me), I cannot get Word (as part of Office Pro 2003) to accept the same stationery.

Any thoughts there, instead?

Onan - I already have Yahoo, GotomyPC, g-mail, icq, hotmail and AIM (didn't help, thanks).

Tartan Giant
29th Jan 2005, 17:50
Sorry about that!

Back to the drawing board egh.

I wonder if on selecting the message, you highlighted that portion you wanted printing, and the went,
FILE/Print/ place "selection" (under Page Range) that might work?

TG