PDA

View Full Version : RN Deployments

amb_211085
23rd Jan 2005, 18:13
As I am trying to gen up on information for my pre-AIB interview with the Navy, could anyone help this wannabe out? Where are the Navy currently deployed and in what role? Also, what are near future deployments likey to be?

I have looked on the Internet and found this information to be relatively unforthcoming, although the RN website has been of some use. So any information and/or links to sites would be great.

Cheers!

rivetjoint
23rd Jan 2005, 19:43
I'm sure we could loan WEBF out for a small fee!

Try the Navy News.

WE Branch Fanatic
23rd Jan 2005, 19:43
Try here. (http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/rn/index.php3?page=3959)

The RN website is full of other useful stuff too.

Vapour
23rd Jan 2005, 19:45
This page, and the various links from it, pretty much covers everything that we're up to at the moment.

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/3959.html

If you've got any specific queries then let me know and I'll see what I can do. Mind you, I'm not that current having been banished to the light blue for a couple of years!

Best of luck with the AIB.

Pielander
23rd Jan 2005, 19:46
You're right. The RN website tells you absolutely b*gger all about RN operations around the world.

The Navy News website (www.navynews.co.uk), on the other hand, has news articles relating to recent deployments (and not-so-recent deployments, if you trawl back far enough). I'm afraid I don't know of any way of readily obtaining the 'big picture' in one go. I'd also recomment getting hold of a copy of Broadsheet. This is also available online (Sorry - I don't have a link).

Most importantly, you'll be asked where the major 'trouble spots' are in the world, and what's happening there. I'd suggest getting a good overview of the situation in Taiwan, Kashmir, N. Korea etc. from BBC News Country Profiles. Also, make sure you actually know where they are on a map of the world.

I think that's enough top tips for one day.;)

Best of luck with AIB!

Pie