PDA

View Full Version : JFK forecast for the next 24 - 48 hours

The Nr Fairy
22nd Jan 2005, 20:19
Being a lowly fling wing, day VMC only bod flying a machine which weighs less than an hour's fuel for an engine on a 747, I could look at the TAFs for JFK, but it wouldn't mean much - anyone out there able to tell me the prognosis for a) leaving tomorrow about 18:30 from LHR and b) arriving JFK without hesitation, repetition or diversion ?

I won't take anyone's word as gospel - I'm after an informed "probably won't / probably will happen" type thing, and if you're slated to fly BA179 tomorrow and we get there then I'll arrange for a cold beer at your hotel !

newarksmells
22nd Jan 2005, 20:28
I'd say with a plane now off runway 4R and the storm intensifying, you're in good shape. For all intents and purposes, the airport is closed now. That will expediate moving the plane and with the storm supposed to stop at noon tomorrow, I'd say you've got at least a 80% of landing. They can clear the runways very quickly. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow afternoon too...albeit a high of 20F.

The Nr Fairy
22nd Jan 2005, 20:49
Sounds ok.

Screws my Sunday's shopping in New York, though - I was meant to be on this evening's BA179 !