PDA

View Full Version : Ghost stories?

ACW599
20th Jan 2005, 17:56
Over on the Nimrod MRA4 thread, there's some fascinating material about people's strange experiences with particular airframes. Anyone care to relate any real-life spooky or inexplicable happenings? Aircraft, bases, Messes -- all welcome.

Me, I'm sure there's something odd about the tower at Tern Hill. Never felt comfortable in there after dark . . .

John

Lee Jung
20th Jan 2005, 18:09
Out in Sierra Leone a Sea King was tasked to pick up the body of a local fisherman who'd drowned and been in 28 deg C water for three days.

The standard body bag now supplied is similar to a long garden refuse sack, and perhaps not suprisingly when unloaded at the World Food Programme (!!!???) HLS the recipients, who were non-too keen to take the body, dragged it across the floor, resulting in the bag tearing on bolts.

Not only did the bag tear, but so did the skin, resulting in the poor sod's body fluids spilling into the cabin.

On return the aircraft was hosed out, anything contaminated ditched and the aircraft taken into the hangar for the fuel tanks to vent. The tanks needed to come out as fluids and mush had flowed around them to rest in the keel of the boat hull.

Aftera quite repulsive cleaning (full cradit to the ginger beers) the aircraft need a comprehensive package of ground runs after the fuel system was messed around with. It simply could not be got servicible. After days of trying the Senior Maintenance Rating suggested the Bish might like to perform an exorcism.

The Bish, although initially agreeing, hadn't done that particular PJT but agreed to bless the aircraft. So in full cassock and swirling insence he performed the rite.

Result: Flew on next flight and fully 'S'.

Anything to add Hueymeister?

Yarpy
20th Jan 2005, 18:53
Look YOU ! I just had my supper, grabbed a beer and sat down for a quiet read through Pprune before putting the kids to bed.

Probably the most disgusting, sick and totally hilarious story for a long while.

You complete sick b*st*rd.

(thanks)

propwash866
20th Jan 2005, 22:16
Whilst at Cosford in the new mess there, I woke in the small hours of the morning to see what looked like a nun standing at the foot of my bed with a clipboard. Dismissed it as a trick of the light and tried to get some more sleep. When I next opened my eyes the 'shadow' had moved and now seemed to be at the side of my bed! By now I was quite spooked and began to wonder if this was a real person (perhaps a drunk, as sometimes occurs in the mess!) so I mumbled words to the effect of 'who's there?' to which i obviously didn't get a reply, although the apparition seemed to have moved back to being at the foot of the bed. This was enough for me; lights went on and curtains were opened to let more light in. I tried several times to recreate the lighting in the room at the time in the hope of finding out the trick of the light that caused the shadowy figure, but to no avail. Various other strange things have happened around the mess, but it wasn't until just before I was posted that I found out that my room was built on the site of the old Cosford Mil Hospital morgue. Better still, a nurse once died whilst on duty at the hospital, back in the '50's when nurses wore a similar uniform to nuns... :uhoh:
Or is Alcohol just a hallucinogenic??? :ok:

ACW599
21st Jan 2005, 06:15
>my room was built on the site of the old Cosford Mil Hospital morgue. <

That's interesting; several people I know have had trouble sleeping in the Cosford mess. Do you happen to recall the room number?

John

buoy15
21st Jan 2005, 22:14
Propwash

Went out with an Irish nurse for a while who may have been a nun

After a couple of dates, I tried it on, and she said

"O'ill have nun of dis and nun of dat!"

Didn't last long - spooky!!

Hueymeister
22nd Jan 2005, 07:27
Any comments?...well it stank...pusser on board the frigate that found him 'assured' us that the body bag was a good thick one. Fortunately the crewie (Tel) had some tiger balm for us to smear under our noses. I did go down to the hangar later to help clean it out, but it had already been done, so a slab went to the boys via the SMR...and some biscuits.....didn't know they'd blessed it though.

lineslime
22nd Jan 2005, 14:46
Apparently one of the young lads (lets call him Brad) off HLS, Lyneham, had a strange experience on bay 4. Left alone one evening he apparently saw something float across the front of the aeroplane and past a lox pot. Then later on was seen to come running from the flight deck in hysterics, claiming something had passed across his face.

Watched one too many episodes of most haunted if you ask me, or was it the lads who told him the bay was haunted in the first place?:D