PDA

View Full Version : Riverside / Airways

craig1975
20th Jan 2005, 12:31
Has anyone done the ab-initio course with Riverside and Airways? This seems a competitive priced package for the CPL/IR.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers

Craig

ScotsRocket
20th Jan 2005, 16:52
Hi craig1975,

I'm just about to go over to Riverside to do my CPL/IR (Feb hopefully!) having already done my PPL there in July '03, then down to Airways when I return. Have heard good things about Airways though never been and I can certainly recommend Riverside. Shared a room with a guy doing his CPL/IR when I done my PPL and he loved it.

They do look after you!

Hope this is of some help, good luck!

Cheers, ScotsRocket

Chinchilla.612
27th Jan 2005, 09:37
Hiya,

I just got round to checking on here,saw this thread and I'm already mentioned in it!

I was out there in 03 with ScotsRocket and did my FAA CPL/ME/IR with them. Standard of instruction was superb, aircraft well maintained and lots of feedback in debriefs. I passed the flight test 2 weeks earlier than initially planned and with only 22 hours multi engine time including test. Had looked at a lot of schools, and I'd rate them as one of the best.

Airways FLight Training did my conversion to JAA on my return and it was evident that they were planning courses to compliment each other. There were very few differences to learn as almost all the course in the States uses the same techniques with only some RT differences. My CPL was converted in 3 hours including test, and the IR was done in the minimum allowed time of 10 hours ME and 5 hours sim. Got full first time pass on all tests :-)

At the end of the courses I'd spent £55 less than I'd initially been quoted by them!

I have no problems recommending them to anyone.

Happy to offer any advice if you want to PM me.

Chinchilla.