PDA

View Full Version : First 5 students get BGS courses from PPRuNe

InFinRetirement
20th Jan 2005, 07:35
Scroggs, Capt. Elton and myself completed our interviews with the five students we chose for selection yesterday. Four of them will now proceed to the GAPAN aptitude tests at RAF Cranwell on February 17th. They will then receive one of five BGS courses very generously donated to PPRuNe.

This happened on the same day that Astraeus selected the four cadets for training during the next six months! It wasn't planned but it makes for a marvellous occasion.

A truly great day for PPRuNe, Astraeus and the PPRuNe Fund - also for me personally, and how I always imagined it would be. Giving wannabes a chance to enter the world of the Professional Pilots.

The fund is also going to donate to GAPAN's PPL scholarships this year. This association will bring PPRuNe and GAPAN closer to-gether - something I know Danny is very pleased about.

The fund will gradually build again now and I more opportunities will arise when we can help more of our wannabes

BEagle
20th Jan 2005, 07:52
Glad to hear that, IFR!

The Guild's scholarship opportunities for 2005 will shortly be on the website; when they are I will either post a hot link or reproduce the details here for all Wannabes to see.

Would it be possible for it to be made a 'sticky' when I do so?

karanou
20th Jan 2005, 11:36
To PPRUNE for an excellent Idea and BGS & GAPAN for their involvement

Best of luck to the successful candidates!!!

FlyUK
20th Jan 2005, 17:48
Great News! Good Luck to all involved.