PDA

View Full Version : It Came From France

747FOCAL
19th Jan 2005, 14:48
Nice little video about the A380 and what it will be like........:E

REMOVED LINK. WAS NOT WORKING. THERE IS A WORKING ONE FURTHER DOWN THE THREAD.

Cheers!

ATC Watcher
19th Jan 2005, 15:19
Seem to have seen a similar presentation in 1968 when the 747 came about ....
I remember they said : 3 B747 arriving at the same time it will be chaos .
look where we are now.....entering the US, 3 at a time, it is indeed chaos...:p

747FOCAL
19th Jan 2005, 15:20
Still works for now.

error_401
19th Jan 2005, 15:26
does this site need any plug-in to be downloaded?

does still not work for me. :\

Unwell_Raptor
19th Jan 2005, 15:33
I was interested to see that Ship 1 is in an Airbus house livery. I was half expecting it to be half Air France and half SIA, just as Concorde 01 was AF on the port side and BA on t'other. Of course the main door is on the port side, so all of the photos showed the AF livery.

Funny, that..........

747FOCAL
19th Jan 2005, 15:45
No plug in needed. It may take a few minutes for the video to start if you are on a slow connection. Real slow connection and I doubt the video will stream.

Chuffer Chadley
19th Jan 2005, 15:48
It's not working for me, either. Page not found, aparrently.

CC

Xeque
19th Jan 2005, 15:57
It works better if you download it first and save it to your HD. (right click and 'save target as')

It's very good and well worth the effort of capturing it!

747FOCAL
19th Jan 2005, 15:59
Its working now and should stay that way.

Chuffer Chadley
19th Jan 2005, 16:03
Downloading now, looking good. Thank the lord for broadband!

Capt. Inop
19th Jan 2005, 16:17
Well, the bar looks great.. :ok:

747FOCAL
19th Jan 2005, 18:21
I like the play on first class and cattle class pax.

Memetic
19th Jan 2005, 18:43
Did anyone save a copy that they could mirror? Looks like the site has blown it's bandwidth cap.

lomapaseo
20th Jan 2005, 00:43
Here's a quicker loading version.

I have the original higher quality version but it's too big to E-mail.

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/assorted/A380Video.wmv

HowlingWind
20th Jan 2005, 01:38
Big thanks to lomapaseo for that link. Quite amusing. We'll see, if this bird flies... :confused:

surely not
20th Jan 2005, 07:54
looked at the credits at the end of the film, but Boeing must have left their name off in error :p

HotDog
20th Jan 2005, 08:13
We'll see, if this bird flies... We'll see when the bird flies.

hobie
20th Jan 2005, 11:26
well I used Lom's web link and 40 minutes later low and behold .... lots of Cows running in all directions and newpapers blowing in the wind" ....

I said to myself ..... "whats going on" :confused: ..... could this be a message from "Beyond the Stars" :{

GearDown&Locked
20th Jan 2005, 16:49
This is what envy does to people...
I know, you lot are still in denial...

Why not start the Boeing Anonymous Association "Hello my name is 747FOCAL, and I have a problem... I'm a boiengaholic. I haven't spoke about how bad the A380 is since ....10 minutes ago"

Oh grow up!

GD&L

747FOCAL
20th Jan 2005, 17:05
I never said any Airbus product is bad. I just enjoy good humor and I poke fun at Boeing as well if you look around.

Maybe you could start up a "Frenchaholic" association....... "Hi, I am French and it's been about 10 minutes since I pissed somebody off." or "Hi, I am French. It's been 3 weeks since I last took a bath" something along those lines. :E

El Grifo
20th Jan 2005, 17:17
Wonder where the budget came from for that rather silly, if not misleading, verging on pathetic, little video.

I mean, I like a laugh as much as the next guy but, I was struggling to see the humour or get the point.

Care to enlighten me anyone, or is it simply the obvious staring me straight in the face.

con-pilot
20th Jan 2005, 19:59
Good grief, and some of you folks in Europe accuse us of not having a sense of humor and not appreciating irony.

I suppose that it’s only funny in Europe if is something anti-USA or Bush?

It is just a little funny video created by someone who may have had too much time on his or her hands. It is NOT some kind of ultra-right wing, Boeing, Bush, Pentagon, CIA, DEA, ATF, FAA, Seattle Washington Chamber of Commerce, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, anti-French, anti-Airbus conspiracy.

It just a funny little video, that’s all, no more or no less.

And as ATC watcher pointed out the same style of humor appeared when Boeing introduced the original 74. The only difference between now and then is the Internet.

:ok:

GearDown&Locked
20th Jan 2005, 21:26
con-pilot agreed 100%. :ok:

747FOCAL just a couple of things:
-If you can't handle humor, don't play with it. My post was just that: humor.
-Xenophobic remarks are bad for your image (and health).
-When you feel the urge to attack somebody, call the bull by its name. Feel free to PM me, or report me to a Mod, but quit those undirected and cowardly attacks.

GD&L

EKKL
20th Jan 2005, 22:21
Whilst everyone at Airbus are Cooking each others Socks, lest not forget it was they who wanted Ten million pounds a year to keep Concorde in the air effectively killing any idea of its future.........:mad:

BOAC
21st Jan 2005, 13:44
Well, I've just watched it and I thought It was 'illarious!

747FOCAL
21st Jan 2005, 15:24
GearDown&Locked,

It would appear that I made a joke and you have now made a threat. I know which one of those is more hazardous to YOUR health. :E

I have some other videos that I will be posting soon that are even better.

BOAC
22nd Jan 2005, 09:27
Just a gentle reminder, girls - this is a nice friendly little forum for 'spectators' of aviation, and the boxing ring is in a place called 'Jet Blast'. Seats are available there.:D

GearDown&Locked
22nd Jan 2005, 20:09
BOAC, copy 5/5. :cool:

GD&L

BOAC
23rd Jan 2005, 10:20
I made the mistake of not downloading/saving the video first time around and now the website is down. Does anyone have another link please?

EDIT: Video had to be taken down due to too much site traffic. Due back 1 Feb.