PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft control

timduerden
19th Jan 2005, 13:49
Hello peeps!!!!

I am currently (without much luck :confused: ) trying to track down some software that concentrates specifically on the fundamentals of the hand/foot/eye co-ordination of aircraft control. I have a copy of MS flight sim but the additional required technical knowledge (power settings, instrument reading etc) means I do not reap many benefits from using it.

What I am ideally looking for is something that resembles the COMPASS co-ordination tests as used by many flight-training organisations. If anybody could point me in the right direction (website, flying shop, software developer) I would be extremely grateful.

Apologies if this sort of topic has been covered many times - I am pretty new the scene (as you may well have guessed!!!!)

Many thanks

Tim

Jinkster
19th Jan 2005, 20:57
Hmmm.....good question. Not too sure to be honest but if you find any can you let me know and vice versa!

Jinkster!

HandspringGuy
19th Jan 2005, 22:02
COMPASS consists of six tests which have been developed to check some of the key aptitude areas for the pilot profession. No flying experience is required to perform well in the tests.

THERE IS A DEMO VERSION YOU CAN GET FROM EPTS.

EPTS
P.O.Box 1106, 3600 BC Maarssen
New Tel. : 030-2383232
New Fax: 030-2413354

Not sure how much it will cost but these are the guys to speak to.

http://www.epst.com

Hope this helps

HG :ok: