PDA

View Full Version : WINLDRA ??!! even after reinstall.

Loose rivets
19th Jan 2005, 06:09
Sorry to repeat myself, but I'm still getting Winldra called and failing every start. I have reinstalled Windos 98-2 but did not format the drive.

It seemed to go through the full install, but all my settings and the applications still ran as though nothing had changed. This is a full copy of 98-2 not an upgrade. This has never happened before.

Winldra is a 27kb exe file in windows\system

if I execute it, there is a slight blink but no other sines. I also can not see what is calling it in the start sequence. LR

E-Liam
19th Jan 2005, 18:33
Hi LR,

Can you post up a Hijack this log. Almost certainly a baddy.

Cheers

Liam

The usual, in case you haven't got HJT.. :ok:

Please download 'Hijack This!' from here (http://thespykiller.co.uk/hjttut.htm), unzip, and place it in it’s own folder, (not in the temp folder, or on the desktop) doubleclick HijackThis.exe, check for updates by clicking on Config | Misc. Tools | Check for Updates and follow the prompts. Once updated click on Scan. When the scan is finished, click "Save Log", and copy and paste it in a reply.

This will give us a rundown of what’s going on in your PC. One of us here will be glad to analyse it for you. Don’t fix anything yourself yet, as a lot of the stuff on that list will be harmless or required.