PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation in Oxford...

tinmouse
17th Jan 2005, 14:56
Hi,

I hear the accommodation in Oxford is being upgraded. Has anyone any news of this?

Thanks

Tinmouse.

royalaviator
17th Jan 2005, 16:08
Hi

The only thing oxford are upgrading in oxford is the doors, and that is coz of the fire risk..the beds, carpets and everything else is the same.

tinmouse
17th Jan 2005, 16:11
So effectively you still have the same problems of noise etc.
Have you stayed with oxford? What do you think of the accommodation?

Thanks for replying.

Tinmouse.

tinmouse
17th Jan 2005, 19:06
I've not heard one good thing about the Oxford Accommodation, by the net or in person. I'm seriously doubting going with Oxford as the B&B's are also very expensive - more than the course itself in most cases. This is a great pity as I hear there courses are very good.

Cheers
Tinmouse.

G-SP0T
17th Jan 2005, 19:40
tinmouse, im in exactly the same situation as you. I have heard great things about oxford's ground studies course. but not one good thing about the rooms there.

I personaly will be looking to house share from the start, as i dnt think i could work in such a noisy living area!

has any one tried this approach? if so how did you go about arranging room mates, and picking a house?:sad:

EGAC_Ramper
17th Jan 2005, 20:01
Tinmouse dont dispair,I start 28th of Feb on the groundschool and am organising a house share with few other students.Compared to £180 per week at "H-block" the house per student is setting us back about £250-280 per month.So share with 2 other students,cheaper digs,quiet study area and a getaway from the busy airfield.
I'd suggest you look into this first rather than just giving up all together,do a little research and you might get a little bit firther.:)

Regards:ok:

P.s. G-SPOT sent you a PM regarding finding housemates other day.

G-SP0T
17th Jan 2005, 21:02
EGAC_Ramper, cheers just read that.

Blinkz
18th Jan 2005, 09:42
I thought most of oxfords ground instructors had left? is that true?

I too am currently looking at what course to do as well, but I'm not sure if I want to do a residential or a DL course.

G-SP0T
18th Jan 2005, 10:02
some have, they have set up shop at kemble, PGT.