PDA

View Full Version : paying for training?

Fletchers Left Boot
16th Jan 2005, 19:29
What do you guys make of having to pay for your CPL/IR training all up front?

Just a question from a friend of mine....

R T Jones
16th Jan 2005, 19:39
All advice I have read is don't do it! You must wonder why they are asking for it all at once? Of course it would be easier to understand paying up front to a recoginsed school such as OAT. But its up to your friend, but I would definatly advise against it

C Hughes
17th Jan 2005, 12:25
I quote from the book:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER (and particularly if offered large discounts) SHOULD YOU GIVE THE WHOLE LOT IN ONE PAYMENT - YOU COULD, AS OTHERS HAVE DONE IN THE PAST, LOSE THE LOT! IN FACT THE OFFERING OF LARGE DISCOUNTS FOR UP-FRONT PAYMENTS IS OFTEN THE FIRST SIGN THAT THE LIMITED COMPANY HAS SERIOUS CASH FLOW PROBLEMS. ALSO, IF THEY ARE IN POSSESSION OF ALL YOUR MONEY THEN THEY HAVE A FIRM HOLD ON ANATOMICALLY DELICATE PARTS!
IF POSSIBLE, ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD TO PAY – THEY ARE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES YOU MAY INCUR AND ALWAYS PAY BY SMALL INSTALLMENTS!!!! If a school refuses to accept installments then go elsewhere.

Even though I continually stress this point, I still meet people who have bought my book, disregarded this advice, and lost great sums of money!!!