PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Training Show

cessna l plate
15th Jan 2005, 14:24
Just looking at attending the Flyer training show at LHR in March.
Here's the bond, I have 25 or so hours, and the last exercise I flew was first solo 12 months ago. I would love to join the professional ranks, but that is hard to do with a morgage, wife, kids etc. You all know the usual wannabee drill. The only way I will get there is a sponsorship.

SO, the question, is it worth me travelling from Manchester to London for this show, or is it only going to tell me what I already know, that I ahven't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting a sponsorship.

Or, would it provide me with some other options??
What would you do??
Thanks

AlternativeProcedure
15th Jan 2005, 16:44
or is it only going to tell me what I already know, that I ahven't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting a sponsorship

Two things:

1) It depends on what you already know, try not to be pessimistic about the situation, in this game, you just never know what’s around the corner

2) The exhibition at Heathrow is quite informative in my opinion, you get to meet people in the industry, this will help you get a better idea of what’s actually going on, and who knows? you just might hear of some sponsorship being planned in the future or something.

My point? It doesn't do any harm checking it out, well maybe the cost of the transport ticket.

Airbus Girl
16th Jan 2005, 20:44
You'll get as much if not more info here on pprune if you do a thorough search. How old are you? There are very very few sponsorships out there so unless you are under about 30 there is little chance of this route.
The people at Flyer are generally the schools, trying to sell you their courses and they will tell you what you want to hear.
The only independent "stalls" are usually BALPA and/or the CAA.

G-SEXY
17th Jan 2005, 10:23
I've been to the last couple of shows and found them fairly informative!

All of the schools are going to be trying to sell you the same product but it gives you the chance to meet the people who work for them and ask any questions that you may have!! Could save you making several trips to training schools around the country?!!

:ok: