PDA

View Full Version : Should Muppets be Allowed to Fly?

Sunfish
14th Jan 2005, 22:19
At what stage should you pull the pin yourself? At what stage should CASA pull the pin?

Di_Vosh
15th Jan 2005, 02:15
I'll limit my response to:

Kermit & Fozzie YES

Animal NO

(I wouldn't trust Elmo, either)

in an attempt to keep this lighthearted

:)

Icarus2001
15th Jan 2005, 02:29
Sorry I must be a bit slow, what was the question?

What is green and smells of pork?:rolleyes:

Blown Seal
15th Jan 2005, 05:22
Kermitt is... and his breath does.:}

Howard Hughes
15th Jan 2005, 06:05
Sunfish,

What the ????, have you been in the sun too long my good man?

I think I need a little more info to make my decision.

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

OpsNormal
15th Jan 2005, 06:57
Gonzo should never look down in the flare.... just in case he hooked his nose on the yoke..... ;)

Di, what was wrong with Animal? He was one of the only reasons I used to watch the show... just so I could see him 'going-off' on the drums..... Ah hang-on.... that was the late '70's wasn't it.... :}

Animal should have matured a bit by now... if his stitching hasn't frayed by now.

Now Beaker would be a worry..... :}

Dookie on Drums
15th Jan 2005, 07:34
I don't know about Muppets flying but Silverbacks definately should not be flying!! :}

There is just way too much risk involved with their hair pieces dislodging and causing grief to other aircraft by way of FOD.

Oh and don't get me started on banana peels being strewn all over the ramp!! :p

They do a great impersonation of a local "live in the sky" traffic report though!

:E

Capn Notarious
15th Jan 2005, 07:54
The chaps who should never fly are Waldorf and Statler. They are so opinionated that neither could work with the other.CRM no chance of that. Now Dr Bob is different type, prolly does private practise and flys himself with nurse Janice.

Onewordanswer
15th Jan 2005, 08:12
This is the proffessioanimal pilots nitwerk how dare you sully its fine riputation !!!! I am aghast nay incensed.......right where's trhat pipe?:}

Pinky the pilot
15th Jan 2005, 08:22
Don't think I'd fly with the Swedish Chef either! He'd probably start waving his meat cleaver about if the F/A brought him a cold coffee!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Super Cecil
15th Jan 2005, 09:28
Gonzo would make a good pilot being an Alien and all, it's just his cross spiecies fetish with the chooks would be a worry.

Ultralights
15th Jan 2005, 10:27
yes, but would you give Big Bird the right hand seat? or chuck him in the back with the rest of the mob? or the galley?

gatfield
15th Jan 2005, 11:01
I think we are limiting ourselves here to the muppets and due consideration should be given to our other fun friends.

Fraggles would be good I think.

Hobbits - no, wont reach pedals

Muppets - depends. Pigs in space dudes would be my chocie. Miss Piggy as the hostie of course.

Pepe the Prawn - yes, cos Pepe the Pilot sounds cool.

Telly Tubbies - No way, they can't speak proper telephony.

Bob the builder - nup , he can only build.

Fat Cat - He is far too rude, wearing no clothes.

Bananas in Pyjamas - undisciplined bananas that stay in their pj's all day would not make good pilots.

I've always thought that they got pilot uniforms wrong and that they should be wearing colourful skivies - so naturally I think the Wiggles would make excellent pilots.

Speeds high
15th Jan 2005, 18:52
Vote SpongeBob for chief pilot!!!

biton
16th Jan 2005, 04:19
I'm interested Sunfish. What was the REAL intent of your post?:confused:

Sunfish
17th Jan 2005, 00:38
Some lurker will know.:{

yowie
17th Jan 2005, 10:00
You forgot Humphrey B Bear,the perfect F/O!:ok:

Rogeramjet181
17th Jan 2005, 11:27
I would have to say for my money, the ideal crewing and administration would be along the lines of:

Captain Animal
First Officer Kermit
Second officer Fozzy bear
Second officer Beaker (just because)

CSM The Swedish Chef

Senior Business class FA The Pig

Senior Economy class FA Oscar the Grouch

Approach controller Cookie Monster

Tower controller Sponge Bob Threshold Pants

CASA The two clowns from the balcony

4ero
17th Jan 2005, 13:43
As they were allowed to be astronauts, they must have held a cpl at some point...

Last time I saw, they were clubbing together to get the muppet theatre back after kermit lost it, so i doubt they've got the cash to fly right now.

locusthunter
18th Jan 2005, 10:30
...and in the very first episode there's a "Big Bird Strike"...

criticalmass
18th Jan 2005, 11:41
I vote for Daria Morgendorffer as Senior Flight Attendant - and the deadpan safety announcements would be delivered in a better monotone than I heard on Varig a while ago.

4ero
18th Jan 2005, 22:16
just don't let that Beaker anywhere near the operation...

...he's all 'me me me me me'

Sunfish
19th Jan 2005, 00:37
I've finally seem a thread go totally and completely off the rails..:}

Howard Hughes
19th Jan 2005, 01:08
Hey Sunfish,

Obviously the "lateral thinkers" that you were hoping for are'nt out there. When you gonna put us out of our misery?

Rogeramjet181,

I reckon I've flown with that crew before!!

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: There seems to be an awful lot of "muppets' out there flying judging by the replies.

djpil
19th Jan 2005, 09:10
Some lurker will know.
Not even this lurker knows what Sunfish is talking about however my guess is that I've done worse over the years.

one ball
19th Jan 2005, 18:19
Not even sunfish knows what he was talking about. Musta been some good sh!t, man.....

Meanwhile, if you can be bothered, scroll down to Number 11 on this site (http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/collectibles.shtml) for a rare image of Rowlf (the brainless mutt) the only known muppet atmospheric flier. (The Pigs in Space were in Space...obviously.)

So far, Rowlf has fared better than JD.

VRB03KT CAVOK
19th Jan 2005, 19:22
Surely The Cookie Monster wouldn't be able to hold a medical with that eye condition he's got.

grrowler
20th Jan 2005, 00:30
The Count would not be much good in the flight deck: "Number one bwhahahahaha engine failure...."

but he wouldn't need to ever recount passenger numbers as a FA.

AerocatS2A
20th Jan 2005, 03:41
My guess for the OP is that he's asking at what point do you quit flying, having realised that you are not very good at it? Or at what point does your instructor suggest that it is not for you? How many hours should you spend struggling with medium turns and climbing/descending before giving it up?

gatfield
20th Jan 2005, 06:00
I think we should get Muppethead's opinion.

one ball
20th Jan 2005, 14:35
Never give up. Some of us had many gos at the RPPL, UPPL, IFR, CPL, etc, flight tests over the years, pumping untold thousands of the old man's cash into the dero club coffers along the way (thanks again dad...).

Eventually even the dodgiest of Daero Club CFIs will start to feel a twinge of something resembling guilt and let you through, before you become a source of shame for them.

See? There's always hope slumfish!! ;)

flametree
21st Jan 2005, 02:24
My only concern with Humphrey B Bear is that he doesn't wear any pants. Imagine the potential embaressment is he spies a cute little passenger, say Fozzy for example.

gatfield
21st Jan 2005, 02:52
I wouldn't get too worried, I think Humphrey is a eunich.

I mean, I've never seen any tackle.

Planet Express
21st Jan 2005, 08:34
I think the CASA position obviously goes to the aptly named Inspector Gadget.....

Go go gadget beaurocracy!

Tapeworm
22nd Jan 2005, 02:23
Manamana, do do be do boo, manamana, do do be do, manamana, do do be do boo, be doo boo, be doo boo, be do be do boo boo boo...