PDA

View Full Version : Fleet Air Arm Aptitude Test

EF2020
14th Jan 2005, 21:17
Hey Everybody,
Basically, after my second AFCO interview, I am being put forward to Cranwell to proceed with aptitude tests- I feel I am adequate at the spatial awareness etc, but what I really would like to know, is....What specific Maths questions will actually come up? I.e. Speed Distance Time, and are these short, quick-fire questions, or are some of them slightly more intricate and require pen and paper- if there are any challenging maths attributes I will be faced with, could somebody possibly help me out, as I have not touched on Maths since GCSE really (21 now!!) and could do with the help- i.e. I´ve heard on the grapevine there are questions like: If aircraft "A" leaves point 1 at 400 knots, and aircraft "B" leaves point 2 at 352 knots, between a distance of 450 miles......etc Is this true?! If so, I would really appreciate some help, so I will be prepared :)

Many thanks,

"ef2020"

joe2812
14th Jan 2005, 21:46
Yep, all those Q's will come up, s=d/t is really the big thing though, theres loads of example questions on t'internet so have a google.

wannabewingman
18th Jan 2005, 14:36
Mate I suggest you do a quick search of this forum for aptitude and FAA related stuff.

Take a look at this link as well

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1698901#post1698901

It should help with the maths stuff,

Good Luck,

WW:ok: