PDA

View Full Version : Pprune Log in

MightyGem
13th Jan 2005, 09:16
My login only lasts for 24 hours. Is this a PPrune thing or my computer?

amanoffewwords
13th Jan 2005, 10:05
A Pprune thing.

Saves them from having to respond to a deluge of "I forgot my password emails"

BOAC
13th Jan 2005, 10:15
All explained about 18 or so months ago on this forum. Have a 'search'.

amofw - it was more to protect those lower intellects who forgot to log out.:D

P.Pilcher
13th Jan 2005, 13:49
As I only log into PPRuNe from my own machine to which nobody else has access, I find that logging in every 24 hours is a pain in the B**t! Is there any chance of at least giving us the option to stay logged in for longer? Most of the other boards that I use regularly seem quite happy for us to remain logged in if we wish although I fully understand this boards unique problems in this respect..

When the 24 hour rule was introduced I kept my old cookie so remained permanently logged in. Then of course I forgot to preserve the PRuNe one when I cleaned my cookie folder so I was belatedly obliged to "join the club".

P.P.

MightyGem
13th Jan 2005, 16:34
Seems to have been around for a while, although it's only been happening to me for a month or so. Thanks.

joe2812
13th Jan 2005, 17:13
I'm with PP on this... i'm on my laptop which only I use and it's a right pain!!

BOAC
14th Jan 2005, 09:35
Try being a 'mod' ......:{

I did ask the experts a while back to sort it for us but involved a lot of work to 'hack' it but there was not the spare time. How good are you at scripting.....?

PPRuNe Towers
15th Jan 2005, 12:41
No clever stuff needed at all. Use a browser that includes a password manager like the one from Mozilla or download a third party utility.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd

BEagle
19th Jan 2005, 08:20
It is indeed a pain in the arse and seems quite random. For example, I sent a reply earlier this morning, then composed another only to have it eaten by the 'you are not logged in' bolleaux!

So I'm not going to re-type the whole damn thing again and some wannabee will now have his question unanswered.

Bre901
19th Jan 2005, 11:59
BEagle and Mike Jenvey then composed another only to have it eaten by the 'you are not logged in' bolleaux!
On decent browsers (Opera, Netscape or Firefox) the back button works fine (maybe it even does in m$IE :yuk: ), so if I get caught, I just go back to the composing page and copy the contents of the text window and paste it back into the composing window when I have logged in again.:ok:

Tallbloke
4th Feb 2005, 12:23
It does not work on my version / installation of IE and so now no-one is going to find out how ABS stops cars quicker than cars without it.
:(

737TG
4th Feb 2005, 12:39
A solution:

try RoboForm. www.roboform.com

Cheers!

spekesoftly
4th Feb 2005, 14:12
The cookie should last for 24 hours.

24 hrs from one's last post, or from logging in? I suspect the latter.

Evo
10th Feb 2005, 18:02
Dunno if anything has changed, but with Firefox it's easy enough to hack the cookie to stop it expiring

http://www.eudoxus.dsl.pipex.com/pcookie.JPG

:8