PDA

View Full Version : Forms for flying in the states

Aerofoil
12th Jan 2005, 17:34
Hi all,

I am just filling out my paperwork for my hours building at Orlando Flight Training and i was wondering if someone could clear something up for me?

The problem is with the 'Verification of Foreign license' form. In item 10 it asks for the location of the Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) where you intend to make application?

I am also unsure of where i should send this form because the person i spoke to said something about contacting the CAA and getting an address from them? Is this address the FSDO which is asked for in item 10?

Do i then send the form to the Airmen Certification Branch in Oklahoma City?

I hope someone can clear this up for me because its like a mine field with these forms! :{

Thanks in advance

Foil

GoldenMonkey
12th Jan 2005, 18:07
Hello Aerofoil

From what I remember, you need to

1) - Give the CAA £17 (call them to make sure) and complete the form found here http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1160.pdf. This gives them the right to release your license information to the FAA

2) - Fill out the form you have. At the FSDO point 10 put in where you are physically going to pick up the endorsement. Somewhere in Orlando. Find it on the FAA website or speak to the flight school. They will know for sure.

3) - Fax the form through to Oklahoma.

4) - Wait a few months.

Cheers

GoldenMonkey

wigwag
12th Jan 2005, 20:53
Aerofoil,

Download the form SRG 1160 from the CAA website as GoldenMonkey mentions. This form needs to be faxed TO the CAA , they process the form for a fee and then send direct to the FAA a pre-release of your details. There is only one person dealing with this form at the CAA so be patient, he works as hard and fast as he can. Mine took less than 2 days.

When you fax the paperwork to the FAA CALL them to confirm that they have recieved it, better to be safe than sorry.

They (the FAA) require the name of the Local FSDO office where you intend to collect your endorsement, because this is where your information will be released to. So, therefore if you change your mind and go to a different FSDO office, they not only wont know who you are but wont have any of the information. You will have to re-submit your request to the FAA. If unsure of the local FSDO call the flight training school you intend to use.

Also don't forget to call the Local FSDO office before arriving for your endorsement, you need to make an appointment. They don't appreciate people just turning up.

But it isnt as bad as it sounds and the whole process only takes around 4 to 5 working days, so fly safe and enjoy

:ok:

WW