PDA

View Full Version : Who is, what be, where is Mikehegland?

BootFlap
12th Jan 2005, 12:05
:D

So, let's try and work it out then. Mikehegland:

Serving, ex-serving or never served?

Rotary, fixed wing or both?

UK, USA or Tharg?

Humorous, ironic or annoying?

Pilot, interested bystander or ................ journo?

Mike, please do not reply to this thread. You are an enigma, don't ruin it by throwing in your two-penneth. Unless of course you completely disagree with any of the above, or indeed are all of the above.

:p and let the banter commence......

Lionel Lion
12th Jan 2005, 12:22
maybe......just maybe

http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4003611.htm

:E

stillin1
12th Jan 2005, 12:23
He is:
a. Annoying
b. A wannabe
c. Aviation under achiever
d. Quite good at getting a bite
e. All of the above:cool:

ZH875
12th Jan 2005, 12:23
With his overinflated ego, he must be a (ex)Harrier Pilot.

jockspice
12th Jan 2005, 12:42
He is probably grinning ear to ear because you have started a thread about him. :rolleyes:

airborne_artist
12th Jan 2005, 13:08
MH lists his homepage - and the registrant of that domain is open source info.

BootFlap
12th Jan 2005, 13:17

Oh very harsh ZH875. You may correctly assume from my username that I find that personally offensive! Luckily being a wonderful human being and talented pilot I shall let your comments slip, after all I am great..............(b:mad: r), may not have helped my case there!

Mikehegland
12th Jan 2005, 13:18
Im Honoured....

But the one thing I will tell you is that I am serving in HM's Armed forces and I am current, qualified and capable.....

Now, where was my guitar?

BootFlap
12th Jan 2005, 13:22
:cool: Mike,

Do you do Bar Mitzvahs?:ok:

Mikehegland
12th Jan 2005, 13:23
might do....yr getting close though eh?

How on earth could I possibly be a Harrier pilot ?

How can you tell a Harrier pilot?

Don't worry, He'll tell you.

Sorry Bootflap....Couldnt resist it

BootFlap
12th Jan 2005, 13:35
:ok: Mike

No snags. If I couldn't have taken a joke, I wouldn't have joined!!!!!

Professor Plum
12th Jan 2005, 13:39
Try:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=mike+hegland&btnG=Search&meta=

and

http://web.ask.co.uk/web?q=mike+hegland&ste=0&qsrc=0&o=0

Are we getting closer??.....

Gainesy
12th Jan 2005, 13:39
There is a whiff of Admin Guru, for those who remember him.:suspect: :)

El Quiso Grande
12th Jan 2005, 14:16
Is he silsoesid's equally nauseous brother?

Does he act this way because he was brought up on 'aged hen milk'

or is it because realistically, (said in Indian chief voice) 'leg man he kid'

My guess is its because 'him land geek!'

Either way I think its because he is a frustrated school exam author!

Please discuss :ok: :ok:

Training Risky
12th Jan 2005, 14:19
GENERAL APPEAL TO CREWS AT 7,18,27,28 OR 33 SQN:

Walk up the street or drive up from Hampshire, find out who this tool is (if he's not using his real name) and give him a damn good shoeing.

Look at his profile, someone must know.

Whether he's just trolling for a bite or just being offensive, its unacceptable that he is in a position to post with more accuracy on matters of real hot/high flying versus simulator time..... yet he/she/it chooses not to.

This is of course if he is at Benson.

Or is he an airline pilot...?

Or is he in the SAS....?

Or is he Walter Mitty....... BINGO!

FJJP
12th Jan 2005, 15:16
If he is ex Chinook and Puma, is still serving, in Houston Texas, then the Chinook/Puma mafia must know who this is, or at least if there is one of their number serving in Houston.

What Service posts are there at Houston, anyway?

BootFlap
12th Jan 2005, 15:26
THE T23 WAS A JOKE .......

Mike,

on the 'Big Decisions Looming' thread, your post 5 Jan 05, goes on to say you have served on 3 Type 23s, and you allude to being a pinger. Fair enough, but on the 'who cares when u PVR' thread you mention your company, implying a civilain outfit (post on 5 Dec 04). Once again, fair enough. You may have recently left the RN. However, your profile, which by the way has changed 3 times today says you have been a Puma and Chinook man. In this thread you mention you are still serving.

You are sussed mate, or should I say Moriarty??? Could it be true you change your profile to suit the thread, so as to elicit as much reaction as you can? Ah-hah.......

Colonel Hegland, in the bar, with the candlestick. I rest my case m'lud

Mad_Mark
12th Jan 2005, 15:30
Simple answer is....

Just ignore him, he's a tw@ :eek:

MadMark!!! :mad:

StopStart
12th Jan 2005, 15:43
One assumes that now the schools have gone back the chatrooms have gone a bit quiet. Consequently Rebecca, 12, a schoolgirl from Swindon, Wiltshire has had to become Mike, 42, an RAF QHI from Houston, Texas.....

Navaleye
12th Jan 2005, 15:47
Nice to see someone else taking the Flak for once! :8

teeteringhead
12th Jan 2005, 15:55
One assumes that now the schools have gone back But her school clearly hasn't yet, hence the opportunity to change profiles more often (much more often) than socks.....

Why on earth doesn't he/she have different identities, rather than just different profiles for different threads.

Oh b@gger, wot a giveaway!:E

heights good
12th Jan 2005, 15:59
Im 95% certain he is not ex Puma, not by the name Mike Hegland anyway!! And there are no military staff that are full time instructors at MSHATF (i think) so that leaves a dilemma for Mike........ or is that your name?????

Its ok i know you could tell us but then you would have to hunt us down and kill us :rolleyes:

OKOC
12th Jan 2005, 17:59
Just ignore this DH cos he ain't worth the words.

Hueymeister
12th Jan 2005, 22:53
Would he be the type to start a conversation with...

"when I was on Wessex...blah..blah..blah" ??????????

Ontariotech
13th Jan 2005, 00:38
Last time I heard about someone acting like someone they were not.....aka the Govoner...or Guv....he turned out to be a very naughty man. And at the time, people could not get enough of posting about him, and egging him on. I can see that Mike has been caught...... stop feeding him fuel and ignore his post's no matter how much they sound like a Janes defence weekly, or no matter how much his profile changes.

allan907
13th Jan 2005, 01:25
check the Air Force List - I suspect that you will not find his name there. If he's an airman then a blunty mate ought to be able to trawl the records for the same name. Any PMC blunties on here? (PMC! - that dates me!)

WorkingHard
13th Jan 2005, 06:25
allan907 - there are still some that will remember RAPO! Now that really dates you.

foldingwings
13th Jan 2005, 09:42
On the bold assumption that he is using his real name (which is likely being the complete pr@t that he has been acknowledged as) then he is neither a serving nor ex-serving officer in the RAF (current AF List and AF Retired List has only one Hegland, initial G, who was born in 1917). Anyway, the RAF wouldn't commission a complete to$$er!! (A new thread looming, I guess!!). Therefore, assuming that he has done time, it was either as RAF Airman Aircrew (not likely) or FAA or AAC.

Any members of the FAA Association out there with a handy newsletter available to look up Hegland? This is most likely ID if he did indeed fly Wessex!

On second thoughts, who gives a sh*t!

DeepC
13th Jan 2005, 10:45
Mike Hegland is Elvis!

Mike Hegland - Elvis Look Alike in Moorhead MN (http://www.partypop.com/Vendors/4003611.htm)

PileUp Officer
13th Jan 2005, 11:37
By the very nature of this site you’re always gonna get people who aren’t who they claim to be or who talk ****.
Take everything on here with a pinch of salt ‘cos nothing or no one could be who they seem.
I assume most people on here are fairy intelligent so use your own common sense and judgement to decide whether the posts you’re reading are accurate. If someone’s saying something you don’t like then either don’t read it or tell him on that thread.

Starting witch hunts like this one defeats one of the major points of this forum and discourages people from posting genuine useful info or sharing authentic grievances.

I thought most of you would have something better to do!!

BootFlap
13th Jan 2005, 11:49
PileUp dear boy, this is anything but a witch hunt! It is called banter.............

however, if he does weigh the same as duck, hang him?

(Hopefully someone will get the slightly obscure line above!)

hyd3failure
13th Jan 2005, 12:00
I totally concur with Pile up there. It matters not a jot what you think of Mike. He has a voice and this forum allows it to be heard. Using this forum to Bully, spreading malicious rumours, making inappropriate comments is not conducive to good manners and is not considered appropriate behaviour.

I personally don’t agree with Mike but he is allowed to voice his opinion and I think that treating him this way is cowardly and despicable behaviour.

It might very well be banter to you but to Mike it is intimidation and suggesting that we "hang him" , well, please, have we really sunk so low that we can even think of things like that?

BootFlap
13th Jan 2005, 12:14
hyd3

obviously not a fan of Monty Python then?

Mike

are you feeling bullied, intimidated? If you are I will gladly delete this thread.

Bootflap

Dark Helmet
13th Jan 2005, 12:27
Mikehegland turned me into a newt! (But I got better.)

BootFlap
13th Jan 2005, 13:53
Dark Helmet

Thank God. Someone understands...............

An Teallach
13th Jan 2005, 14:16
I'm Mike Hegland!

And so's my wife!

Green Meat
13th Jan 2005, 14:28
Hmm, must be a keen angler - I think you know what I mean if you read his threads! Mind you, so many people bite...

airborne_artist
13th Jan 2005, 15:05
Are Mike Hegland and Silsoe Sid perhaps one and the same? I've never seen them in the same room together, nor do they appear on Pprune at the same time.

snafu
13th Jan 2005, 16:04
He's not Mike Hegland, he's a very naughty boy! :}

Jimlad
13th Jan 2005, 16:18
Can't decide if it is WEBF trying to make more people loathe him or if it is CAS trying to meet the troops and increase morale in person (if you're reading this CAS, give us a wave!)

WE Branch Fanatic
13th Jan 2005, 16:28
Thanks Jimlad

Always good to hear your kind words.

Green Meat
13th Jan 2005, 17:05
Oh the oxygen of publicity for Mr 'hegland'...

The next generation of aircraft. JSF, SABR, SCMR etc etc etc, will all come into service along with Flight Simulators which are JAR-STD 1A Level "D" certified and as such they are capable and probably will have Zero flight time.

The future JSF pilot is likely not to see the real aircraft until he has passed the course. and will complete his training in the simulator.

Even now, German Tiger aircrew only conduct 10% of their flying training in the real aircraft, the remainder is simulated.

Good idea or Bad?

Comments please

Hmm, would make a lovely story for some rag as to the shock horror that our future pilots will be trained using video games.

Rod out, bait on, wait for people to show off their knowledge...

Aynayda Pizaqvick
13th Jan 2005, 21:56
Using this forum to Bully, spreading malicious rumours, making inappropriate comments is not conducive to good manners and is not considered appropriate behaviour
Why not do it here, they wont let us do it at work anymore!

LoeyDaFrog
13th Jan 2005, 22:51
Well from some of the posts here, whoever he is, he is obviously a skitsofrenic (spooling I know). Changing profiles three times in one day, c'mon make your mind up

AllTrimDoubt
14th Jan 2005, 07:40
Ohhh....I'm Mike Hegland And I'm alright,
I type all day and I type all night!
I pop up here, I pop up there
I change my profile daily
But everything I type in here
Is utter. total sh*te!

(With apologies to "that song!")

:E

scenictours49
20th Jan 2005, 21:37
THANKS GOOGLE, heres a Mike Hegland, a US Civilian who worked on a Helicopter Wing in 2002 at least:

HEGLAND, MIKE CIV CHSLWL WTU (904)270-6629 [email protected]

it was on a website which shows all the attendees at a 2002 US Navy conference:

http://www.chslwp.navy.mil/OAG/2002%20Conference%20Attendee%20List.doc

So in 2002 he was a civilian worker in the CHSLWL WTU, Weapons Tactical Unit perhaps ? retired USN pilot maybe ?

CHSWL is a navy helicopter Wing based at Mayport USA which I found on "globalsecurity" !!!

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/hslwinglant.htm

POIROT49

hyd3failure
21st Jan 2005, 07:57
Why would a civilian (retired USN Pilot) be on here when the main topic of banter is clearly between RNand AAC/RAF

There must be thousands of Mike Heglands and thats just one of them...

airborne_artist
21st Jan 2005, 08:06
You'll be amazed to hear that there are only three people with that surname in the 2003 UK public electoral roll and none are our Michael!

Mad_Mark
21st Jan 2005, 08:39
I know the guy appears to be a right tw@, but do you guys really have nothing better to do with your lives :confused:

hyd3failure
21st Jan 2005, 11:13
Guys Guys....please. Go for a walk, have a coffee, read a newspaper. But please! what are you doing? youre obsessed with this guy who apparently seems to have disappeared. One of you reckons he is a retired USN pilot, the other is searching the Electoral register (what is he isn't registered as a voter OR what if he is a service voter?).

Anyway, Im off to trawl the internet for any signs, maybe I'll sopt his name in www.lostincyberland.com ?

lostinspain
22nd Jan 2005, 08:36
Thinking about it of course, all the other thread responders so far might be Mike himself, responding with emails to confuse the issue under a nom de internet. There again you reading this or I might be Mike and the next person who posts is too and then the next.......... maybe there is only one member of pprune and we are all part of a weird internet dimension that doesnt actually exist maybe I'm claiming to be a journo but I'm actually not ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! stop the world

crossbow
22nd Jan 2005, 16:13
No way....youre not Mike...I am.

And so is my mate (and his brother)

LoeyDaFrog
22nd Jan 2005, 21:55
No I'm Mike Hegland

(with apologies to Monty Python)

opso
22nd Jan 2005, 21:55
Yes! Yes! We're all Mike Hegland...:D

Beeayeate
22nd Jan 2005, 22:31
Mike Hegland? Who's that? :rolleyes:

opso
22nd Jan 2005, 22:49
...he's a very naughty boy. ;)

Mad_Mark
23rd Jan 2005, 09:30
He's a very quiet boy - not posted on PPRuNe for nearly 2 weeks :ok: :D

Divergent Phugoid!
23rd Jan 2005, 10:51
Could it just be that HYD3FAILURE Is the dreaded Hegland????

HE does seem to be sympathetic of Heg and defends him in most of your posts..

Maybe someone has got close to his ID and he is trailing a smoke screen, maybe caused by the hyd3failure!??

Oh and he just coincidentally happened to register this month too!!

crossbow
24th Jan 2005, 10:41
OMG

Is this Mike (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=26544)

hyd3failure
24th Jan 2005, 10:43
No, thats not Mike....I told ya. Im Mike, Im a very naughty boy and Iam an individual.

AllTrimDoubt
24th Jan 2005, 14:06
Mike Hegland...anagram:

Him Naked Gel

Oggin Aviator
24th Jan 2005, 22:33
Or for AllTrimDoubt

... BALD TRIM LOUT

or for Oggin Aviator

... AGING VIA ROOT

Answers here. (http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html)

Synthetic
24th Jan 2005, 22:54

Ooh er - I hope Mr Farley is not reading this:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

AllTrimDoubt
25th Jan 2005, 08:13
Oggin

You offend me Sir, for I am neither Bald nor (these days), Trim!