PDA

View Full Version : Wither MRCA?

Green Flash
11th Jan 2005, 19:44
Wither MRCA?

So, the mighty Typhoo roars ever closer. But what is to become of the dear! Tonkas? Is there a cunning disposal plan whereby the taxpayer gets at least something back for the remains? Boiled down to make glue, melted and turned back into saucepans, or what?? Flog 'em to Saudi? Williamsons yard? Leave them in Lithuania? Off to Bongobongoland to be used against is in 5 years time? The world seems awash with secondhand pointy stuff. I see some of the ex Italian loan jobs have gone to the crusher and some back into RAF service.
:confused:

Guern
11th Jan 2005, 19:50
Keep an eye on EBAY :O

Green Flash
11th Jan 2005, 19:53
Guern

Of course! Silly me. Wonder what the going rate is.:}

Guern
11th Jan 2005, 19:57
Note to Self:

Make sure new house has sufficient room for one in Garden. Nephew would love it. :cool:

Don't tell Mrs Guern!

Pureteenlard
11th Jan 2005, 20:59
I have a vague recollection of a proposal to convert them to the SEAD roll.

ZH875
11th Jan 2005, 22:27
Probably get refurbished by BAES and resold to the RAF when we cancel Tyfun Tranche 3.

buoy15
12th Jan 2005, 05:19
Green Flash

You mention MRCA and Tornado (joke) in the same breath - how dare you?

Where have you been living - on the moon?

The ONLY MRCA in the inventory - and has been for the last 30+ years - is based at ISK!

Planning a sortie for Friday - stuck for choice - could do either ASW, ASUW, Air Sub, DS, JMC, SAR, EO Strike, OTHT, TASMO, Spec Ops, AAR, Link11, SCT, CT, etc, etc.

However, we could just get airborne with 1 crew and 1 fuel load and easily manage most of that lot!

More productive than moving mud!

Love many, Trust a few, Always paddle your own canoe!

Green Flash
12th Jan 2005, 18:41
B15

.... and bolt some 'winders on and do some DACT too, eh? (Now there's a thought; Nimrod V Nimrod ACT - anyone tried it?:E

I'm aware of the SEAD conversions, which I understand has gone rather well, but surely not all of them?

Green Meat
13th Jan 2005, 14:30
Going back to the SAR cab thread, they'll paint the damn things yellow with black titles. Won't bother with a winch, just scoop aircrew out of the water on the way past!

frodo_monkey
13th Jan 2005, 14:48
To the best of my knowledge the whole SEAD idea has been shelved - it was quite a good idea so those being paid a great deal more than me obviously knocked it on the head... Though I do like the idea of one as a garden ornament!

XV208 SNOOPY
13th Jan 2005, 16:38
bouy15
As has been said on here befor
MRCA
Multi
Role
Combat
Albert!

:D ;) :D

What other aircraft has been there, seen that and done it all!:ok: