PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Validity period?

Somedaymaybe
10th Jan 2005, 19:09
Hi All,

A real easy one for the wealth of knowledge in this forum and it is simply this...

After you have completed your ATPLs that is all 14 exams and passed, how long are they actually valid for before you need to start retaking them?

Thanks

SDM :O

CAT3C AUTOLAND
10th Jan 2005, 19:38
I think I am correct in saying that you have a period of 3 years to obtain you CPL/IR from your last exam pass, but I am not 100% sure. It may be an idea to check out LASORS.

The sooner you get the practical done the better! Surely you dont want to go through the ATPL exam hell again!?:eek:

Crashlanding
10th Jan 2005, 19:39
It comes down to if you do your CPL and IR in time, you have if I remeber 2 years from pass to get either CPL or IR after CPL you have extenedned it by 5 years, if you do your IR 7 years, and everytime you renew you also renew the validity period

CAT3C AUTOLAND
10th Jan 2005, 19:41
With what crash landing has come on with, I am doubting what I wrote now, check out LASORS for sure!

FlyingForFun
10th Jan 2005, 20:23
CAT3C, you were correct. You have 3 years from the date of the final exam in which to pass both the CPL and the IR.

Once you have got the CPL/IR, the exams remain valid indefinitely, so long as you have a current IR, or so long as you don't let your IR lapse by more than 7 years. If you let the IR lapse by more than 7 years the exams again become invalid.

FFF
---------------

Somedaymaybe
11th Jan 2005, 08:17
Thanks Guys that has helped out a lot

SDM :ok: :ok: :ok: