PDA

View Full Version : Finger Prints...

SAMIR786
10th Jan 2005, 19:01
Hi

I am currently in the process of sorting out my docs for PPL training in Florida, US.

As part of TSA registration, I have to submit my fingerprints. I spoke to TSA and they said I would have to especially fly in to submit them!!!

How tedious is that?????

Any advice would be great!

Cheers.

chipieflyer
10th Jan 2005, 20:55
Hi Samir,

I've just got back to the UK from a school in Florida and am planning on going back out there later this year so was asking about this while there.

From what I understood of it you will have to give your fingerprint as you pass through immigration at your port of entry, as everyone now does. You will then have a certain amount of time (three days I think) to register with your school and go to the local Sheriffs office to register there which is where they take your fingerprints again.

As I said this was the information I managed to get hold of whilst out there but not sure how reliable it is. Try checking with the school your going to, they should be able to confirm it. The dear chaps at US Immigration aren't too keen on bending the rules so make sure you've got the right info before you head over there or you'll be straight on the next flight back home.

Good luck with it

silverknapper
10th Jan 2005, 22:08
All for the 'honour' of adding to their economy!

SAMIR786
11th Jan 2005, 11:15
Cheers Guys!

I have spoken to the CFI at my school and he said I can do it at a local cop station.

;)

philmercer
11th Jan 2005, 11:40
Hi

I too have just back from a Florida School. Some other students were asked to go vist Deputy Dawg to get their Dabs taken but they didnt ask me.. Not bothered really as they take amother $130 for the pleasure of it.

Phil

SAMIR786
11th Jan 2005, 22:06
$130!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what...there whole process is tedious to say the least.

:mad:

Ninety-Nines
11th Jan 2005, 22:31
They are all starting to get their acts together finally.

Most places the local Sheriffs Office is very helpful, in fact, here at NAC we are lucky in that the Deputy comes to the school to complete the process.

I would suggest that you just speak to the school that you are attending and they will tell you how it is being handled; I would imagine that it is slightly different everywhere although the end result is the same.....they will take a print of your mitts a total of 3 times.

NN

SAMIR786
12th Jan 2005, 09:28
How long after the prints can one start flying?