PDA

View Full Version : Sick Baby!

Turn It Off
10th Jan 2005, 15:35
Afternoon all,

Have just spied whilst I was driving past a BMI baby 737 parked at the British Airways Maintenance Centre at Cardiff. Any idea whats wrong with her. Think it was G-ZI but not sure.

Noticed on teletext this morning that the EDI flight was cancelled, assume all related??

TIO

one four sick
10th Jan 2005, 15:52
Wing Body Overheat yesterday.
Now repaired and ready to fly.

737James
10th Jan 2005, 23:26
Yes Zi should be all fixed up again by now but the problems have already started with the latest aircraft in the fleet with G-TOYC going tech over the weekend, we had been warned before we got it that its realibility wasnt that great but lets see how the new aircraft get on. They can't well i hope not be as bad as G-OGBd we got earlier in the year which seems to have a thing for developing tech faults when im due on it.:confused:

Mr A Tis
11th Jan 2005, 09:49
Anyone have any news on the Baby clobbered at MAN by the Excel 767? Is it likely to fly again?

skyrabbit
11th Jan 2005, 16:46
heard it was written off

Rabbs:(

Matty J
11th Jan 2005, 22:23
Whats the situation at BMI Baby with the 737-3Q8's aquired from Ryanair/Buzz?

I worked on the A/C for nearly 2 years at Buzz/Ryanair and hav'nt heard anything of them since the left the fleet in October!

Have they been Painted or anything yet? Whats their status?

I know one of our ex A/C (G-BZZI i think) has now been re-painted into the Thomson Fly livery and is fully operational again, hav'nt heard much about the others.

Cheers.

Matt.:ok:

Arkroyal
12th Jan 2005, 07:56
heard it was written offYou heard wrong

737James
15th Jan 2005, 10:54
the latest info I have heard is that G-ODSK is due back in service late next week or maybe early the week after.
But I have also heard from a line engineer that G-ODSK and G-ECAS are due to leave the fleet around easter time to be replaced by some more of the ex Easyjet aircraft which seems a bit strange as i though the 737-500s were due to be replaced first but they have changed now as they are some of the most reliable in the fleet.