PDA

View Full Version : Basic Aerobatic endorsement leads

deckchair
10th Jan 2005, 00:48
Any leads on who could do a VERY basic aerobatic endorsement for me? Once I get the basic endorsement my operator will do the polishing so to speak so I don't need an advanced airshow standard course.

Anywhere in central Vic/Mel?

Di_Vosh
10th Jan 2005, 06:15
The aeros endorsement that I did (a bit over a year ago) is probably typical of what you're after:

6 lessons, done in two stages. The first three lessons were:

UA recovery
Wing overs
Aileron rolls
Loops
Spins.

Then I got signed off on those and went out to practice them solo. The next three lessons were:

Barrell rolls
Snap rolls (not all a/c can do these)
Stall turns
Linking manoeuvres and making routines.

All up, around 6 hours dual.

There are several different aeros a/c, and they have different pro's and cons. Plenty of flying schools at MB do aeros endorsements, in the following aircraft:

C152
Decathalon
Victa Airtourer

(I'm sure there are more, such as Tiger moths down at Torquay, but that's a start).

Just like learning to fly, SHOP AROUND, listen to the pros and cons from each school and aircraft type, and the relevant costs.

Most of all, ENJOY!!! The most fun you'll ever have in an aircraft (below 5280 AMSL, anyway) :cool:

Yusef Danet
12th Jan 2005, 06:58
Aero Club of Sth Tasmania, if you feel like a quick jaunt down to Tassie!

"www.acst.com.au"

Victa 150

Sunfish
12th Jan 2005, 20:52
David Pilkington - Decathlon - RVAC Moorabbin

PILOTGAL
16th Jan 2005, 23:29
Another vote for Dave at RVAC :ok:

RENURPP
20th Jan 2005, 23:02
Most of all, ENJOY!!! The most fun you'll ever have in an aircraft (below 5280 AMSL, anyway)

I hope you haven't been wasting your time at 5280' it doesn't count until 6280'.

You will have to go and do it again!! :)

Di_Vosh
21st Jan 2005, 06:52
According to the following website:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_all.htm

1 Statute mile = 5280 feet.

1 Nautical mile = 6076 feet.

Curiously, 1 IRISH MILE = 6719 feet. :rolleyes:

As to the question, I'm not a member (I'm always flying the plane, dammit). And with my love of facts, conversions, and stats, I don't get much on the ground, either. :(

DIVOSH!