PDA

View Full Version : Baby born

LearjetGA
9th Jan 2005, 09:45
Yesterday, while flying back from Sri Lanka to Europe, i heard that a Gulf Air just had a new pax on board. The mother delivered on board over the indian ocean. It was quite a funny situation since Mumbay HF could not understand what the crew was trying to say and on the other had they did not know how to tell it different than: We got a new baby, pax gave birth.

After lots of confusion and advice from my medical crew (air ambulance Learjet) they diverted.
Does anybody know more about this?

Thanx

LearjetGA

normal_nigel
9th Jan 2005, 10:23
Well I'll sleep tonight now knowing that.

Thanks

hobie
9th Jan 2005, 11:05
Nigel, you can be very cruel sometimes :p

mind you, every time poor old Willie Walsh hits R&N he gets blasted into "Nether nether land" so I expect this thread to go "Walkies" very soon :ugh:

:ok:

normal_nigel
9th Jan 2005, 11:15
Well taken!

I'm sure the passing of this thread will be mourned by many!

NN

cwatters
9th Jan 2005, 11:31
Ok then. If this is such an un-interesting thread.....

The name of the first person to die in a crash (after 1903) is well know, but who was the first person born on a plane?

Where? When? What was the plane?

Lil' Pilot
9th Jan 2005, 12:16
What is the birthplace of baby, who joins this wonderful world inflight? Just wondering.

Lil'

Rhodie
9th Jan 2005, 12:31
South Africa has a well known DC3 called "Delaney" - named after the girl born on board 24/25 years ago on a charter. Both of them (the 3 and Delaney) have appeared together a few times since.

R

A Very Civil Pilot
9th Jan 2005, 18:23
I seem to remember from somewhere that the new pax has the choice of dep. or arr. country as place of birth, and that the afterbirth needs to be retained as evidence of the birth. Not sure who it goes to - parhaps in thepost- flight envelope :yuk: ! (Probably customs/port health or somesuch).

I've no idea where I heard this, and it could all be complete bollocs.

normal_nigel
9th Jan 2005, 19:11
the afterbirth needs to be retained as evidence of the birth

What utter rubbish.

The afterbirth is retained for examination to ensure that it is complete and none has been retained internally.

NN

hobie
9th Jan 2005, 19:16
any photos of mother and baby yet ? :{

B767PL
9th Jan 2005, 21:11
Are there any airlines on which if a baby is born on one of their flights, the individual (baby) gets free tickets on that flight for life?

I heard that once a very long time ago when I was young. Was probably someone pulling my string, but have not heard about this kind of thing since, and was wondering if infact there is an airline out there with such a policy.

That would be a nice thing to do and a nice "gift" from the airline to the baby.

fastjet2k
9th Jan 2005, 21:32
If that's true, then I can see the pre-natal classes for 2005 going something like this: "where have you chosen to give birth to your baby? Maternity ward, your own bed or a birthing pool?" I suspect some may answer "BA 177 to New York".

srs what?
9th Jan 2005, 22:01
Are there any airlines on which if a baby is born on one of their flights, the individual (baby) gets free tickets on that flight for life?

Virgin had a baby born on a Lagos - Heathrow last year. It was the first in-flight birth for them (the nearest they got before was at the gate lounge) the flight went back to LOS and the baby girl was called Virginia who has free tickets until she is 21. There was also rumour of the aircraft being renamed 'Virgin Birth' but it hasn't happened yet.

hobie
9th Jan 2005, 22:37
Ryanair might be your best bet! :{

B767PL
10th Jan 2005, 03:59
Indeed pretty neat. If I had free tickets on an airline I think I would be some place new every weekend.