PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Information

larrylongprong
8th Jan 2005, 22:59
Hello All.
I was hoping someone might have some information on the best, quickest and most painless way to complete the subjects for a JAA ATPL. Unfortunately do not quite have the experience above 30t for the quick route.
Thanks in Advance.

jar-dk
9th Jan 2005, 15:14
Well painless its not gonna be the word you wonna utter when you are done.
I did my 12 subjects at a school in denmark with 2 rounds of exams with 6 subjects each time and that was not for me. I should have choosen the dist learning way with less classroom teaching and more studying by myself. The typical model here for dist learning is 4 sittings in a year to complete the 12 subjects. It requires alot of discipline but less cash. And another advantage with the dist learning is that you can work and keep the interests payments down.
Good luck.

no sponsor
9th Jan 2005, 15:19
You need to disarm yourself of the notion that DL will take longer than full-time in a classroom. Many take a DL course, but are full-time working on it - i.e. 8-10 hrs per day, everyday. You can therefore complete it in the same time as a full-time course, or indeed, in a shorter time-frame. There were people at my school who were done in four months.

At the moment, there are 14 subjects you need to pass for the JAA ATPLs (A).

jar-dk
10th Jan 2005, 12:17
Quite right DL can save time and DOES save money.
But 14 subjects? thought it was only 12: Radio nav-Principles of flight-Human perf-Instruments-Airlaw- Met-OP-Flight Plan-AGK-GN-Mass and bal- Performance. What else? is it AGK that you are splitting up into their smaller subjects?

no sponsor
10th Jan 2005, 12:38
You have left out IFR Comms and VFR Comms - I paid £110 to have the pleasure of sitting those two!!

larrylongprong
10th Jan 2005, 22:33
Thanks Folks thought that was the case. Working full time DL the go Bristol seems to be the best.