PDA

View Full Version : My Modem Doesn't Disconnect Anymore?

BAe 146-100
8th Jan 2005, 12:15
Hi,

Normally when I close down my internet window (I'm on dial-up) it comes up with two options. Stay connected, or Disconnect, since last week this option has gone. I'm just wondering how to get it back on, as I have to Log-Off everytime I want to disconnect!

I'm running Windows XP, and on Wanadoo/Freeserve.

Please help me! :)

Thanks
BAe 146

ZH875
8th Jan 2005, 13:16
no need to log off, just go to START SETTINGS network connections and you should be able to disconnect from there by right clicking on the required account, it tells you which is connected. , if you select 'show icon in notification area when connected, you can right click on that in the systray area and disconnect from there.

carholme
8th Jan 2005, 13:21
Just right click on the internet connection icon (two green screens)
located at the lower right of your screen and the disconnect message will come up, select disconnect and you are off line

Regards
carholme

R4+Z
10th Jan 2005, 07:30
From Microsoft but heavily edited. See the address below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193555

No Disconnect Prompt When Quitting Internet Explorer

To resolve this issue, modify the data value of the EnableAutodisconnect value in the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings
Change the data value to 01 00 00 00. After you make this change and quit Registry Editor, restart your computer.

When you change the Auto Disconnect option, the setting may not take affect immediately. You must close Internet Explorer, and then disconnect from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). When you reconnect to your ISP, the settings take affect.

Hope this helps