PDA

View Full Version : NOTAMs anyone?

StopStart
7th Jan 2005, 22:03
Been doing the rounds at work but I've now found it on t'internet (no, I didn't put it there).

Ooer missus.....

Talon landing pics (http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articles/military_photos_20051623.asp)

Trumpet_trousers
7th Jan 2005, 22:07
....seems like a perfectly good Co's landing to me....:E

StopStart
7th Jan 2005, 22:08
Actually, if it had been a co's landing it would've been lined up on the right hand side of the runway and missed the hole....

:p

Skeleton
7th Jan 2005, 22:17
oooerrr Mrs...

As an Ops Man whoever/whatever dosen't come into it!!

I blame Air Traffic personally, there runway.. there problem :)

Serious hat on .. if that hole was not published then prepare the gallows!!!

If the crew had the info and lined up on wrong runway, what good exchanges can C-130 pilots go on??

Good to hear no fatals though... looked a close call :(

M609
8th Jan 2005, 00:45
Pretty poor show from ATC......

But, I guess flying with no external lights in Iraq would be common, and given that some crews fly with NVG (no runwaylights perhaps?), lining up for the wrong runway is perhaps possible. (Seeing aircraft without lights from the tower is difficult)

Any word on location?

kokpit
8th Jan 2005, 02:56
From another BBS, apperars that the hazard was reported but no NOTAM issued, and then..............

http://p074.ezboard.com/fc130herculesheadquartersfrm2.showMessage?topicID=992.topic

Gainesy
8th Jan 2005, 06:20
Apparently, it was being used to transport a military band. Rather odd use for a T2?

Trumpet_trousers
8th Jan 2005, 09:31
Apparently, it was being used to transport a military band

.....what tune were they playing?...... "HOLE lotta shakin' going on," perhaps? :E

Skeleton
8th Jan 2005, 15:07
Thats so bad Trumpet... its funny!!

:)

Shake rattle and hole may have been more appropriate though!! :}

Mikehegland
10th Jan 2005, 16:48
concur the thought about NVG and no lights on the runway...BUT, one would assume (never assume anything except an NBCD condition) that if there was a hole in the runway it would have been protected by Glim lights.... wouldn't it?

Vortex what...ouch!
10th Jan 2005, 21:49
I've deleted my thread, no point in doing it twice.

However I have a question for Rivetjoint, what the hell has OPSEC got to do with this incident? The information is in the public domain and incompetence of this sort needs the bright lights of scrutiny shined on it.

I think you are one of those who likes to hide behind secrecy to avoid accountability.:(